Covid 19 and PVCs.: Hi friends I am... - Arrhythmia Alliance

Arrhythmia Alliance

5,281 members1,831 posts

Covid 19 and PVCs.

KopEnd
KopEnd

Hi friends I am currently in isolation as I tested positive on Monday for covid 19. Since I have been suffering with PVCs since last summer (on and off) I would like to know if any of you who suffer from ectopics have also had the misfortune of contracting this virus and how you fared. I am somewhat at peace cos I have had all sorts of cardiac tests done and everything shows a completely normal heart but still would be great to know how you managed and did the virus actually make your ectopics worse ?

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi KopEnd,

I’ve wondered how I would fare also if I caught COVID as I suffer really bad with ectopic beats everyday ... I shall be watching your post to see if anyone has been affected...fingers crossed they haven’t, hope you keep well

All the best

Sue

KopEnd
KopEnd in reply to Deary63

Hi Sue been a few days now since I started having flu like symptoms and subsequently ending up testing positive on Monday. My PVCs come and go I can be days on end without any followed by days with loads of them so when I started with the covid symptoms I felt somewhat more at ease as it seemed the ectopic beats had gone but yesterday they returned and have had them since making my covid experience much more anxious. Phoned a duty GP today who reassured me that given all the tests I have had during the latter part of last year which show a healthy structural heart there was not much to worry about. She went on to point out that when the body is fighting an infection heart rate will rise and if you suffer from ectopics or missed beats they would happen more often during this period. I will keep you updated as I go through this nasty virus. Stay safe. Covid 19 is quite unpleasant.

Deary63
Deary63 in reply to KopEnd

Hi,

Thanks for replying back, sorry to hear your ectopic beats have come back 🙁 but enough feeling rough from COVID don’t need extra anxiety...

I’ve been so worried about catching COVID and it making my missed beats ten times worse , Iam worrying before it’s happened 🙄

Well I wish you a speedy recovery, hope to speak again soon ...

All the best

Sue

KopEnd
KopEnd in reply to Deary63

Thanks actually feeling a bit better today.

Deary63
Deary63 in reply to KopEnd

Glad to hear this .. my son who is disabled had vaccine couple days ago , his 44 felt a bit tough for 24 hrs but feels ok now thank goodness. Keep well KopEnd

12 months ago I had bad 'bronchitis' for 3 weeks. 1 week later I developed irregular heartbeats which is a well known after affect of Covid19. Also a cough that never goes away and doesn't show up on an ordinary x ray. I'm sure it was Covid not bronchitis. No medication needed for ectopic beats but the fitted a pacemaker as a precaution in case my heartbeats go down below 40 whilst sleeping.

I'm 77 by the way. Sorry KopEnd that doesn't really answer your question.

KopEnd
KopEnd in reply to Jeff1943

No it doesnt but still wish you a full recovery and thanks for your comment. Take care blessings Jeff1943

You may also like...