Is there a blood clot in my leg? - Arrhythmia Alliance

Arrhythmia Alliance
4,892 members1,679 posts

Is there a blood clot in my leg?

KiaE
KiaE

Good evening, I hope everyone is staying safe during these crazy times. For the past few days, my left calf has felt weird. The feeling is kinda hard to explain, and it comes and goes. At times, it feels sorta like a burning sensation and I only notice this feeling when I stand up. What do you guys think? Should I make a trip to the ER or visit my PCP, or will they look at me like I’m crazy?

(P.S. I know I could be overthinking this, but sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me)

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Get it checked ASAP.

Nothing lost.

It could cost the NHS and you a lot more if it is a clot.

Drink plenty of water in this warm weather.

KiaE
KiaE
in reply to Ernest76

You’re right. Thanks.

I wish I had’ had mine checked last year when my right calf was hurting. I waited, ache went away. Two weeks later, I could not breathe. I had several clots in my right leg, one which had traveled through my heart into my legs. What’s they refer to as a “saddle pulmonary embolism “. My local hospitals weren’t equipped to handle it. After a week on oxygen in ICU and a IVC, they were releasing me on oxygen and warfarin. A different dr stepped in to get me sent to another hospital with better facilities. There, I was introduced to the “EKOS” machine. After that treatment, I could, and still can breathe just fine. I’d like to add, also, that I had been on Eliquis faithfully for 4 years when this happened. PLEASE get checked!

Wright59
Wright59
in reply to Wright59

*traveled into my "lungs"

brit1
brit1
in reply to Wright59

that must have been awful, just shows us that Eliquis is not all they claim it to be :(

Wright59
Wright59
in reply to brit1

Actually, it is so uncommon for someone on Eliquis to get a clot, the drs thought I had been skipping doses, but I had never missed a dose unless they told me to because of some procedure.

brit1
brit1
in reply to Wright59

but I thought that it is supposed to prevent clots =:0

Wright59
Wright59
in reply to brit1

I thought so too

HamishBoxer
HamishBoxer
in reply to brit1

Reduces the risk not stops it I believe.

KiaE
KiaE
in reply to Wright59

Thanks for the insight!

You may also like...