Is there a blood clot in my leg? - Arrhythmia Alliance

Arrhythmia Alliance

5,816 members2,115 posts

Is there a blood clot in my leg?

KiaE profile image

Good evening, I hope everyone is staying safe during these crazy times. For the past few days, my left calf has felt weird. The feeling is kinda hard to explain, and it comes and goes. At times, it feels sorta like a burning sensation and I only notice this feeling when I stand up. What do you guys think? Should I make a trip to the ER or visit my PCP, or will they look at me like I’m crazy?

(P.S. I know I could be overthinking this, but sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me)

14 Replies

Get it checked ASAP.

Nothing lost.

It could cost the NHS and you a lot more if it is a clot.

Drink plenty of water in this warm weather.

KiaE profile image
KiaE in reply to Ernest76

You’re right. Thanks.

I wish I had’ had mine checked last year when my right calf was hurting. I waited, ache went away. Two weeks later, I could not breathe. I had several clots in my right leg, one which had traveled through my heart into my legs. What’s they refer to as a “saddle pulmonary embolism “. My local hospitals weren’t equipped to handle it. After a week on oxygen in ICU and a IVC, they were releasing me on oxygen and warfarin. A different dr stepped in to get me sent to another hospital with better facilities. There, I was introduced to the “EKOS” machine. After that treatment, I could, and still can breathe just fine. I’d like to add, also, that I had been on Eliquis faithfully for 4 years when this happened. PLEASE get checked!

Wright59 profile image
Wright59 in reply to Wright59

*traveled into my "lungs"

brit1 profile image
brit1 in reply to Wright59

that must have been awful, just shows us that Eliquis is not all they claim it to be :(

Wright59 profile image
Wright59 in reply to brit1

Actually, it is so uncommon for someone on Eliquis to get a clot, the drs thought I had been skipping doses, but I had never missed a dose unless they told me to because of some procedure.

brit1 profile image
brit1 in reply to Wright59

but I thought that it is supposed to prevent clots =:0

Wright59 profile image
Wright59 in reply to brit1

I thought so too

HamishBoxer profile image
HamishBoxer in reply to brit1

Reduces the risk not stops it I believe.

KiaE profile image
KiaE in reply to Wright59

Thanks for the insight!

I find it crazy how people can suspect somthing as serious as a PE and instinctively ask on the internet instead of going to A&E. I mean, it's ludicrous.... sorry but seriously. Just go next time.

Jeff1943 profile image
Jeff1943 in reply to FileTrekker

You may find it crazy because all healthcare is free in the u.k. but many of our friends here are Americans maybe without insurance and have to pay for everything. So whereas your trip to A&E costs you nothing a basic trip to ER (Emergency Room in the U.S.) can cost several hundred dollars.

FileTrekker profile image
FileTrekker in reply to Jeff1943

I am sure being dead will be worth the money you saved.

Jeff1943 profile image
Jeff1943 in reply to FileTrekker

You missed the point completely again, in the u.s. there are many folk that don't have the money to go see their GP let alone pay four figures for a trip to ER and the accompanying tests. There's no NHS in the U.S. and the medical lobby stopped Obama introducing decent basic care you didn't have to pay for at the point of need.

They weren't saving money by not going to ER, they didn't have any money to save.

You may also like...