Lunch today. : Lunch today was a creamy lime... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

57,218 members8,308 posts

Lunch today.

Happyman5 profile image
15 Replies

Lunch today was a creamy lime and egg soup. It was made from leftover roasted chicken from Saturday, leftover rice from yesterday, 5 eggs, the juice from 4 small limes. It was super delicious and very refreshing. 🙂

15 Replies
kitchengardener2 profile image
kitchengardener2

How do you make this. I would never have thought to put eggs and limes together, but this looks delicious. I always make chicken soup from leftovers but would like to try this.

Happyman5 profile image
Happyman5 in reply to kitchengardener2

We do make in different ways, mostly with fresh chicken boiled with garlic, ginger, celery, onion, carrot..and use that as the stock. when the chicken is cooked, take out with the other ingredients used and add the pre cooked rice and boil for a few minutes to soften. There are two ways to add the eggs and lemon/lime juice that you whisk together. We mostly add some of the soup slowly bit by bit to the eggs and lemon juice and then poor it all back into the soup..you can also let the soup cool down a bit and just add the eggs and lemon mixture straight in to it, stirring slowly.

There's a lot of videos on YouTube, they are a bit long for what it is..but it can give more ideas.. 🙂

metalminded profile image
metalminded

That sounds very tasty!

Reminds me of the Greek lemon and egg soup

Happyman5 profile image
Happyman5 in reply to metalminded

It is exactly that 🙂My mum always made it with chicken, but am happy to eat it without any chicken.

metalminded in reply to Happyman5

I love it! So good!!

Happyman5 profile image

It is lovely metalminded, am really glad you like it..my wife, who's Thai has learned to make it beautifully, as she has with many of the recipes my mum made.. no doubt our daughters will learn them also..😊

That’s wonderful!

My wife isn’t a fan of the soup, I doubt I’m going to get it homemade! LOL

Happyman5 profile image

I don't know what to say 🤔😔

I know, very sad 😢

MTCee profile image
MTCee

Similar to Tom Ka soup? Looks yummy.

Happyman5 profile image
Happyman5 in reply to MTCee

My wife makes the best Tom Kha Gai, it's made with coconut milk, chicken, oyster mushrooms, and lime juice added at the end of cooking.. the stock she uses, ginger, garlic, lemon grass, galanga. There are different variations of the ingredients.. it's a classic Thai dish, we all love it. Got me thinking about that now..🙂

MTCee profile image
MTCee in reply to Happyman5

Its one of my all time favourite Thai dishes. You’ve got me thinking about it now too 😂

Happyman5 profile image
Happyman5 in reply to MTCee

My wife put it on the menu last night for this week...after a few hints 😊

kitchengardener2 profile image
kitchengardener2

Thanks

Happyman5 profile image
Happyman5 in reply to kitchengardener2

Your welcome kitchengardener 🙂

You may also like...