Rose water panacota/Muhallabia. : I've been... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

54,254 members β€’ 8,012 posts

Rose water panacota/Muhallabia.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’20 Replies

I've been missing this delicious dessert for months, and today I finally got the mood to make some... I normally just have it with a sprinkle of cinnamon.. but today I made some mulberry sauce with some very ripe mulberries from my garden.

It was absolutely beautiful, I don't think the other 2 bowls in the fridge will still be there by tomorrow morning 😊

20 Replies
β€’

I don’t think they will πŸ˜„

There's one left..but that will be good in the early hours of the morning 😊

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

Something delicious to wake up for πŸ˜‹

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Am going to save it for after I've done a bit of work in the garden, 😊

Looks lovely

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

Thank you, I enjoyed it very much 😊

Hi Happyman4

What a lovely dessert. I really love panna cotta, and the idea of a rose flavoured one - that sounds gorgeous!

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

If you get the rise water, give it a try, am sure you will love it..its such a refreshing and tasty dessert. 😊

Your dessert looks delicious happyman. So well presented πŸ˜‹

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Thank Zara, it was delicious, I will be making it more often..it's perfect chilled for our hot days, and the taste of roses stays with you for hours 😊

Callendersgal profile image
CallendersgalAdministrator

Rosewater's such an underused but delicious ingredient Happyman4. I can understand why you love it so much!

It's used quite a lot in places like the middle east, Turkey, Greece and India, mainly for cakes and desserts.I have only ever known panacota or as its known in middle east as Muhallabia made with rose water..it really is a very refreshing dessert.

Callendersgal profile image
CallendersgalAdministrator in reply to Happyman4

Yes! My favourite is to add it to barfi with a little ground cardamom. A heavenly combination!

I had to look up a few recipes on YouTube, and I think adding the rose water and ground cardamom would definitely bring it up to a very tasty treat that I would enjoy.

Hi Happyman4 Looks lovely! 😍

I made a rose and cardamon cheesecake about a month ago and I thought of you.

I've taken to putting a tiny dash of rosewater in my teas - it's really nice with jasmine tea.

Nice of you to think of me 😊 I would love to make another New York cheese cake again soon as I love them..I drink a few cups of jasmine tea every morning and the thought of adding a few drops of rose water appeals to me, so I will try it tomorrow morning..so thanks for sharing, nice idea 😊

Where do you buy Rosewater for cooking?

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to JEanes55

When I lived in London, I could find it I a number of continental shops, but now I order it on line..😊

Thank you! I’ll see if Amazon has it.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to JEanes55

Your welcome, 😊

You may also like...