Today's special. : Fillet steak, fried fresh... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

54,254 members β€’ 8,012 posts

Today's special.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’15 Replies

Fillet steak, fried fresh pineapple, fresh sweetcorn pan baked, fried onion garlic ginger straw mushrooms snap peas and tomato, mixed in some brown rice.. the only seasoning was salt, pepper and a little sesame seed oil with the combination of all the flavours and textures it was perfect. 😊

15 Replies
β€’

Those mushrooms especially look really good πŸ˜‹ Another amazing meal in the Happyman household 🍽

Thank you HungryHufflepuff, I do love mushrooms, I made some spicy mushrooms and aubergine fritters for supper, I think you would loved them.It had red onion, garlic, ginger and red fresh chilli..it was so good, am thinking of having a couple for tomorrow's breakfast 😊

Spicy mushroom and aubergine fritter.
Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

I'm feeling really hungry now seeing this meal. Looks delicious and I love the way you use pineapple in your cooking. Your mushroom and aubergine fritters look lovely too. What flour did you use for the batter? 😊

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Thank you Zara , I like to use pineapple in some dishes, specially with bell peppers.. I think I will cook it again but without meat..I used tempura flour for the fritters..it was gorgeous and will make a couple more today for lunch 😊

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

My mum makes fritters too which we all love but I'd love to try your fritters with a slight twist by adding a bit more Indian spices. Thank you for the recipe. Your food pic's are really making me hungry lately now that I've got my appetite back πŸ˜‹

You’re right I would love them πŸ˜‹ I had a sesame bagel for breakfast which is not in the same league at all πŸ₯―

I had two more for lunch today with some very nice plum tomatoes..😊Our bakery makes the most delicious bagels, lucky for me as I love them, I bought some just the other day and put them in the freezer, hopefully I will remember the smoked salmon and cream cheese next time I go shopping..😊

Biomet profile image
Biomet in reply to Happyman4

Hello Happyman, l simply enjoy the way you just throw together ingredients and then, as if by magic, you have a meal that looks tasty and delicious.I, on the other hand, need a recipe to go by. For example, dear hubby and I had a fish dish last night, 07/01/2022, which had tomatoes, chorizo, cannelloni beans, onion and garlic. All this was found on the BBC food website as a β€˜dish for white fish.’

It was actually quite flavoursome and hubby said it was β€˜very nice.’

But how do you just throw ingredients together and it makes something tasty. I would love that skill.

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Biomet

I agree with you. Happyman has that skill. I had a friend who used to do that with cakes. She use to use every ingredient she possibly could to make different cakes. Me on the other hand like you needs a recipe. I'm just not daring enough and worry thinks will go wrong.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Biomet

Your fish meal sounds delicious Biomet, it sounds a bit Mediterranean. There's some very nice recipes on the BBC website, I used to look up recipes on there that I had seen on TV. That was before Wifi and YouTube. I must look up the recipe on there for a very lovely egg custard that I used to make many years ago...

I have always loved cooking from a little boy, and still love cooking in my old age 😊 I always feel when putting different ingredients together that they will work out really good..I guess it's because I've always loved flavoursome food. 😊

Definitely not πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Wow Happyman4 - your meal looks really good. I particularly like the sound and look of the fried fresh pineapple. Yum!

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, I absolutely love fried, baked or barbecued pineapple, so we are really lucky that we have some of the finest pineapples growing in our province. 😊

Callendersgal profile image
CallendersgalAdministrator

Now that really is a 'spcecial' Happyman4. Very delicious.

Thank you Callendersgal, 😊

You may also like...