Super jackfruit tree. : I only bought this... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

54,254 members β€’ 8,012 posts

Super jackfruit tree.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’19 Replies

I only bought this tree about 6 months ago and it's turning out to be a super tree, it already has 4 new good sized fruit on it and a possible fifth..

The largest at the moment is about 6 inches, though it don't look like it because I had to stand back to get them all in the photo.

They have a lot of growing to do yet, as they can easily get bigger than 10 kilos each.

I am over the moon with this tree..😊

19 Replies
β€’

What an amazing tree indeed. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I can only imagine how different a fresh jackfruit must taste. πŸ˜‹

My pleasure HungryHufflepuff, am sure if you tasted fresh jackfruit you will love it..😊

It's amazing the fruit can get to 10kg. It's hard to get a good idea of something when I only see it in a can . Can they be eaten as they are like an apple, or must they always be cooked. Sorry if that's a silly question! 😳

They are very tasty as fresh fruit..there is different varieties of them, the most popular is the ones we are growing..I know they are sometimes used as a meat substitute, pulled pork it very popular I think.. the fruit gets more sweet the more it ripens, so I think it's used for cooking before it ripens.

There a bit difficult to get into for the fruit, but my wife enjoys..there's not much around at the moment or I'd buy some prepared so to show you. 😊

Thank you 😊 Again I’ve learned something new 🍈

I am green with envy over your tree….that is super….you just enjoy!

Panz πŸ™β˜˜οΈπŸ™‚

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Panz

It really is a very beautiful sight that I enjoy many times in the day..😊

Hi happyman, thank you for sharing a pic of your Jack fruit tree. The Jack fruits are coming along well. I would love to see them in full size 😊

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

I will definitely be posting a photo of them again in a few months time.. I have another 5 jackfruit trees, but they haven't got any fruit on them yet.. I've had some enormous ones on them before.. I just love these trees. 😊

Hi Happyman4

That looks like a super tree. So many fruit, in such a quick amount of time.

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

I knew it was going to be a good one when I bought it, 😊

You could give my chard a run for its money!

Ofcourse I will...it looks like a great runner. 😁

Maybe just put some more potting compost in the pot to keep them from falling over..you got lots of room for it.. worth a try πŸ˜‡

Oh wow. I love jackfruit and you are in one of my happy places. I also love Thailand.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Venessabr

Definitely a very happy place for me to. 😊

Wish we could get fresh Jackfruit here in UK, guess it might be available in the cities but not here on the coast. Have only seen it in tins. Can't get Okra either. Your tree is beautiful. Saw them when we were in far east.

I lived in London it could be found in some of the continental shops, though not very often. Am surprised that you can't get okra though.. put a few seeds in a pot and you have plenty come the summer, the flowers are very pretty to.

I was really lucky to find this tree..😊

Callendersgal profile image
CallendersgalAdministrator

What a solid looking healthy jackfruit tree. No wonder you are so proud of it! It's going to give great bounty in years to come!

Your absolutely right about it being a solid tree, a lot different than the others I bought, my wife said it was only 4 months ago we planted it.. I also think it's perfect where we planted it.😁

You may also like...