Christmas day dinner πŸ€—: Pork and aubergine... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

54,254 members β€’ 8,012 posts

Christmas day dinner πŸ€—

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’17 Replies

Pork and aubergine Thai curry, all prepared and cooked beautifully by my 16 year old daughter.

There's 3 different varieties of aubergine, the long green sweet, the small green and white round and the pea size bitter Turkey berry. Other ingredients were a homemade green chilli paste, red chilli, lime leaves, coconut milk.. it was perfect with some of the homegrown brown jasmine rice.

The chilli paste was made with homegrown green chillies, galanga, ginger, lemon grass, lime leaves..

Best Christmas day dinner I've ever had πŸ˜‹

17 Replies
β€’
Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersVegan star

Sounds very interesting, so glad you enjoyed it. It does look very nice indeed 😁

Hope you had a lovely Christmas

Thank you Kitten whiskers, it was without doubt the best meal I had on a Christmas day.. I should really encourage her to enter Thailand's master chef 😊

Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersVegan star in reply to Happyman4

😁

Happyman4, you're so lucky having such a wonderful young lady that can cook like that, looks and sounds really tasty and full of flavours, I like food that kicks like a mule, treat your daughter well as from what I have seen such young ladies are very scarce in these times.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Contax

Thank you Contax, I am indeed very lucky and very grateful that j am blessed to have such wonderful kids 😊

Wow, your lucky home veg as well, this must be a healthy meal

Healthy, delicious and made with love 😁Happy and productive new year to you with your homegrown fruit and vegetables.😊

Thankyou Happyman, peas a few weeks Old

Green Shoots! For 2022

They look really good and healthyπŸ™‚ I got few papaya that's just sprouting from seed and a few other things planed for the new year. I grew some pea shoots before..but I couldn't wait for them to grow and they ended up in a salad 😁

Do you start them in pots and then transfer to a plot? The soil here is so fulll of clay we sand for drainage compost too, your lucky to have all year good weather and soil quality

These were from a papaya we had grown and eaten..I just pick out the best of the and transfer them into small pots and later plant them in the ground..I will leave one in this big pot maybe..Mostly I will put seeds in small pots like you do..but it works very well this way to.

I just took this photo a few minutes ago.

Papaya from seed.
Callendersgal profile image
CallendersgalAdministrator

A very good choice Happyman4. And what a talented daughter!

Couldn't find the right words on how proud I am of her. 😊

Hi Happyman4

That's nice that your daughter cooked you such a delicious looking meal. Lovely flavours - glad you enjoyed your Christmas day dinner.

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

I enjoyed it very much, all those cooking lessons have really paid off big time for me 😁

Your daughter is so skilled πŸ˜‹

She is turning into a wonderful cook..that was I very tasty meal..😊

You may also like...