Stuffed mushrooms: Here's a tasty little... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

54,254 members8,012 posts

Stuffed mushrooms

Callendersgal profile image
CallendersgalAdministrator

Here's a tasty little supper for one which I concocted last night. It was just for me as my husband detests mushrooms with a passion. If you do too, you can potentially stuff the mixture into any veg that would cook quickly. (I'm thinking maybe a thickly sliced ring from a red or yellow sweet pepper for example, or maybe a hollowed out courgette (zucchini) or two.

All I did was to use about one third of a tub of cream cheese with garlic and herbs and mixed in some crisply fried pancetta which I chopped into small bits before dry frying. Then I added about a level tablespoon of dried onion flakes and a good pinch of dried red pepper flake and thoroughly mixed the lot together to form a smooth paste. (Instead of the bacon I'm sure this would be tasty using fake bacon bits). I divided this between 4 portobello mushrooms with the stalks removed and air fried them for about six minutes. If you don't have an air fryer, a hot oven or grill will do the job, I'm sure. It was really quick and very tasty.

14 Replies

They look really good. I love mushrooms 🍄 I'm sure it would work well with vegan bacon. I don't have an air fryer but people keep mentioning them, I'm thinking this is something I should look into more. Thank you for sharing 😋

Looks delicious. I adore mushrooms (although hated them as a child).

Karen x

Activity2004 profile image
Activity2004Administrator

Hi Sue,

Your Stuffed Mushrooms look and sound wonderful. I love eating mushrooms either added to salads or on their own either as stuffed or in an omelet with cheese.

I will have to try your recipe very soon once we can get some mushrooms from the nearby store. Great idea! :-)

Hi Callendersgal

Those stuffed mushrooms look great.

Zest :-)

looks great.

I love mushrooms. Portobello used to be my favourite but I now prefer chestnut and the bigger ones have a lovely flavour.

That looks delicious!

These look so good. I love stuffed mushrooms

🐬

Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersVegan star

They look lovely, must say I agree with your hubby - I absolutely hate mushrooms 😁 but could easily use peppers instead and could easily be turned into a vegan snack.

Thank you for sharing

CallendersgalAdministrator in reply to Kitten-whiskers

Mushroom are a bit like marmite aren't they Debs? It's love em or hate em! 😃

Kitten-whiskersVegan star in reply to Callendersgal

That must be the case - I hate marmite aswell 😁

CallendersgalAdministrator in reply to Kitten-whiskers

Haha Debs, theory proven!

Kitten-whiskersVegan star in reply to Callendersgal

😁

That sounds great! We love stuffed mushrooms and will try it!

You may also like...