Big fish little fish. : Today's first meal of... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

54,152 members β€’ 8,005 posts

Big fish little fish.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’14 Replies

Today's first meal of the day was fried Barracuda and Sardines. Early to the market this morning and found some very fresh small Barracuda and sardines that was a must buy and cook as soon got home.. they were absolutely delicious with a few sweet chips and a nice fresh salad with olive oil and lemon juice.

Perfect 😊

14 Replies
β€’
Callendersgal profile image
CallendersgalAdministrator

Now that's what you call a breakfast Happyman4! Looks so delicious and there's something so good about going off to a market to find the freshest and best looking fish. It's a long time since I ate barracuda but although fresh sardines are also quite hard to get hold of in my home city, whenever I go to Spain I have to have a big dish of them, fresh off the barbecue. I don't need to say hope you enjoyed yours, because I know you will have relished them!

Am lucky that live very close to the sea and the fish and sea food market..plus the fruit and vegetable markets, so it's really an almost a everyday way of shopping. I absolutely love fresh sardines, so I was delighted that I found some today. I don't know why I always think of sardines as a Mediterranean fish, ofcourse it's found world wide.

The barracuda is plentiful here, but I only buy it when it's small and not very often, it's actually a very nice fish.

I did enjoy the whole meal very much.. you couldn't even tell that the plate had been used after mopping up the juices from the salad with a little olive bread..😊

Your breakfast meal looks delicious and must have tasted great. I love the way you prepare your salad which always looks really colourful and tempting. Well that breakfast meal has you really for the rest of the day. Hope you have a pleasant day πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Thank you Zara, it really was delicious, and the salad was perfect with fish.. I made lots of salad so I could have more in the day.The day was great, we made a big pot of Thai chicken green curry for the evening meal, so the chicken tikka masala will have to be in a couple of days time😊

Good to hear you enjoyed your meals. Don't over do it happyman. You can look forward to the chicken tikka masala on another day 😊

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

It's been a very relaxing day, nice and cool all day, but as always a long day..time to settle down for the night.. I probably go to the market early morning for some prawns 😁

Oh my gosh looks so delicious would definitely eat this everyday ☺️ So glad to see you and that your back

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Hb2003

Thank you so much for saying that Hiba, I really enjoyed it very much..I hadn't found fresh sardines for some time, so it was very much appreciated 😊

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Happyman4

Your welcome πŸ™ you should put some tomato purΓ©e in them then grill them with a pan to make them really crispy πŸ˜‹ it’s so darn good

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Hb2003

I would have never thought of that, sounds interesting, will have try some next time, so thanks for the idea Hiba πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Happyman4

Your welcome πŸ™πŸ˜„

Hi Happyman4

Your meal looks really fresh and delicious.

Zest :-)

No fries for me please

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to MW923

Okay, next time..😊

You may also like...