Chicken liver salad for breakfast. - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

53,146 members β€’ 9,757 posts

Chicken liver salad for breakfast.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’10 Replies

I love my own cooking, and when it comes out as good as this chicken liver salad..I have to say to myself how gifted I am ..well I was thinking that anyway all the way through eating this macnifico meal for breakfast 😁

Fry red onion, garlic and ginger, chicken livers, bay leaves, salt and pepper...add water when cooked and cover for a few minutes..take cover off and a little chopped red chilly and leave to reduce. Add to salad at Thai room temperature 😁

Salad was made up of tomatoes, bok choy, fresh watercress and water chestnuts, flat leaf coriander, spring onions, starfruit and a few other herbs from the garden, sliced fresh ginger. The only seasoning was pink lime juice.

I eat every bit of it..it was delicious πŸ˜‹

10 Replies
β€’

Very nice. πŸ‘πŸΌI never thought of chicken livers in salad. I love them. Fried or in Cajun Dirty Rice. The livers make the rice β€œDirty”. Thanks for the inspiration. 😁

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Isinatra

Hi Isinatra, it was a first time for me to mix them in with the salad, I would normally just have them like I cooked them today with some bread and butter.. I've had beef, chicken and pork in a salad before so why not chicken liver, it really worked out lovely..and I enjoyed it very much. I will have to look up Cajun Dirty Rice, I love rice but don't eat it very much, it does sound interesting. πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

This is a dish my mum would enjoy. I'm not a fan of liver but I have to say your plate looks nicely set. I'll just have to pretend the liver is boneless chicken pieces.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

I know it's not everyone's favourite but I think the people who like it really do enjoy it..it's such a nutritious food, and with all the fresh vegetables i was well set up for the day..I used to put it in with the spaghetti bolognese for the kids when they were little along with a ton of vegetables..no need to do that now as they all eat well.πŸ˜πŸ‘

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

Liver is good for iron deficiency but I can't take the smell when it's being cooked let alone eat it. I'm someone that can only eat boneless chicken. I can't eat chicken on a bone. It tastes different slimy and chewy to me. In a curry even if a piece comes into my mouth that's come off the bones I can tell and can't eat it. Only someone like me can understand what I'm talking about 😝 My children eat the boned chicken pieces so it's good. My mum makes a curry with chicken liver you would love. Your right the people that enjoy liver really love it. My children don't eat liver. I'm glad yours do and enjoy it.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

It's high in iron, vitamin A and B12..but totally understand about the different tastes and smells of different foods with different people..I think we all understand that.I bet your mum makes lovely chicken liver curry..πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi Happyman4

Your salad looks great. Very colourful and full of lovely ingredients. I like the sound of the pink lime juice seasoning.

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, colourful, tasty and packed with nutrients..the pink lime is really lovely, I have small tree in a pot and it's a nice taste and colour πŸ™‚

that looks truly marvellous.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to secrets22

Thank you secrets, it was really very lovely πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

You may also like...