Evening meal. : Beef cottage pie with... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

53,146 members β€’ 9,757 posts

Evening meal.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’14 Replies

Beef cottage pie with mushrooms gravy, broccoli stems and homemade potato crisps.

The beef cottage pie was made with sweetcorn, cut fresh green beans, carrot, onions, ginger, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.

The mashed potatoes was with butter, milk, salt and pepper.

The gravy was with fried onions garlic ginger, 3 different varieties of mushrooms and that famous gravy powder.

The broccoli stems were left from the children dinner who only like the broccoli florets..so I had them.

All in all it was a superb meal πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

14 Replies
β€’

This one the boys shared..and eat all of it with broccoli and potato chips..

Cottage pie.
Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi Happyman4

I think your meal looks scrumptious - I especially like how the mashed potato looks. Yum!

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

Thank Zest, I have to admit it was my youngest daughter that mashed the potatoes..but I did help 😊

Your beef cottage pie looks delicious happyman with the mash potatoe and veg and home made crisp. I'm sure you and your family tucked in and really enjoyed it 😊

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

It's such a lovely comfort food, the mushroom gravy went so well with it..I could eat that again today..😊

12:00pm here. I could have your beef cottage pie for lunch it looks that delicious πŸ˜‹ I'm having a day off cooking. Just ordered food from a Bakery that makes lovely pasties and other delicious burger meals. All freshly cooked with homemade ingredients. It's a family run business. Having my daily walk on the treadmill. I can smell the pasties so I'm feeling hungry 😊

Happyman4 profile image

Your making me feel hungry when I was to tired to eat..your bakery sounds like paradise to me right now..I was only thinking how much I miss those Jamaican curry patties I used to buy in a chip shop and eat them on my way home driving across London after work on my way home.. they don't do those patties there do they? I have it in mind to make them one day..😊My wife is doing the cooking tonight, ho fun noodle soup with fish cake, crab ball, prawn ball and lots sum choy..

I defrosted some green shell mussels that I will have with apple cider vinegar salt and lots of black pepper a bit later on in the evening.

Am still thinking on what fruit to have.. most probably yellow passion fruit and gold kiwi as i bought a lot yesterday..

I would still swap it all for just one Jamaican curry pattie.😁

Am going to look up how to make later πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

The nearest you get to paradise. We've been eating from this bakery for years and still are not bored. There's such a variety you can't go wrong. All the ingredients is fresh so no worries about it having artificial stuff in it.

Your wife's noodle soup sounds delicious. Hope you enjoy all your meals of today πŸ™‚

Happyman4 profile image

If they have a house for sale next to it or near by, let me know πŸ˜πŸ‘

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

Will do happyman 😊

Happyman4 profile image

πŸ˜πŸ‘

Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersVegan star

This looks very professional Happyman4 and it sounds like it was bursting with flavour 😁

Your absolutely right Kitten whiskers, it really was very very tasty..it was probably the best ever, I think my little daughter making the mashed potatoes made all the difference 😁

Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersVegan star in reply to Happyman4

Aww bless 😁

You may also like...