Moo Ping..BBQ Pork. : Breakfast this morning... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

53,146 members β€’ 9,757 posts

Moo Ping..BBQ Pork.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’23 Replies

Breakfast this morning was barbeque pork and and chicken with sticky rice that we bought freshly cooked from our local market. It is by far the most popular street food for breakfast in Thailand. I enjoyed it very much with some fresh watercress, tomato and a couple of slices of starfruit from the garden 😊

23 Replies
β€’

Mmmm. Good one. The star fruit is a nice garnish, too. ⭐️⭐️

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Isinatra

Thank you Isinatra, it really was a good one😊 it kept me going for the day swimming, about 6 hours of it...I've only just come out, will be heading for home to cook a evening meal very soon. The starfruit was actually a very nice garnish 😊 the tree is loaded with them, just as well we all like them πŸ˜‹πŸ‘

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Happyman4

6 hours! Wow. Your dish would have been a snack for me. Swimming puts me in starvation mode. I hope your dinner was a hearty one. πŸ’ͺ🏼

Happyman4 profile image

We bought food from McDonald's, to tried to cook..mine was two big Mac's..no coke or chips. The hotels and such were only allowed to open from the first of this month, the restaurant still hasn't opened as there is no customer's, I paid for room so made the best of it...will be going back in the morning again for more swimming.

It s the first real exercise I've had since early January..and I have really missed it.

Will most probably buy more Moo Ping for breakfast tomorrow morning again on my way to the hotel..or maybe barbecue chicken..Thailand is really great for street food..πŸ˜πŸ‘

Isinatra profile image

I can imagine that you would be too tired to cook. Two hamburgers are definitely a reward. I have to agree about Thailand street food. It always looks so tempting. So much of a variety of vegetables as well as protein.

Happyman4 profile image

I love the variety of vegetables in south east Asia, and at a very reasonable price. Am done for the day..early night and an early start of the day tomorrow.Thank you friend for life 😁

Isinatra profile image

😁😴

Happyman your dish looks lovely. I don't eat pork so it would be chicken beef or lamb barbecue for me. Love the way you decorated your rice with the star fruit. The star fruits were actually camouflaged but when I read Isinatra's comment I went back and looked ☺ and I can see them now πŸ‘€, they do look lovely. 6 hours of swimming, Wow well done happyman. That's excellent πŸ‘ Was wondering how you would go home and cook as I couldn't manage. I'm glad you changed your plans. I think its time to relax and not overdo it. You've definitely built an appetite after all that swimming so two big Mac's are allowed πŸ˜‰

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

I was very excited about being able to swim again as it's the exercise I can do without stressing myself to much..and I've always loved it. We often buy the barbecue pork and sticky rice for the kids, it's a way of life from an early age in Thailand, myself I never had more then one or two pieces and hardly ever any sticky rice..my wife was very surprised that I eat all that..and nothing to eat all day until we went home..my youngest daughter took the top of the buns of my big Mac's😊

Am going to try and prepare something for breakfast tomorrow morning before going for another swim with my youngest son.. perhaps noodles and vegetables πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

I remember those days when I would give a part of my meal to my children because they enjoyed it. I guess your still sharing yours with your little one πŸ˜„

Happyman4 profile image

And the big ones πŸ˜‚..sometimes I get nothing for a my efforts and up with a tin of baked beans πŸ₯°

Zara0123 profile image

The Joy's of being a parent 🀣🀣

Happyman4 profile image

Well yes that's true, and I love baked beans anyway 😊

Zara0123 profile image

That's why I make a big batch of everything. 3 hours in the kitchen cooking a meal and no joy to enjoy. Can't have that happyman. Need a meal as a reward after all the hard work I put in to cooking to enjoy πŸ˜‹

Happyman4 profile image

3.30am and am good start with cooking for the day, I eat far to much meat and not enough vegetables yesterday. Make something for breakfast, and something to take with us to the swimming pool, and something to have ready for when we come back home..πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Zara0123 profile image

Good idea. Happy cooking happyman. Have fun swimming πŸŠβ€β™‚οΈ Its night here. Off to bed in an hour. Enjoy your day.

Happyman4 profile image

Night night πŸ’€

I love the way you decorate your meals with salad. Your plate looks very colourful. I'm so tired by the time I've cooked. Preparing salad is too much sometimes and I'm just so hungry so I skip it. I really shouldn't as salad is yummy and good for me. I made chicken pasta Indian style. It's a pasta dish but requires Bolognese sauce. I think it's a home made recipe but tastes delicious. I did start using pasta sauce for a while but it didn't taste so great so went back to the bolognese sauce. My eldest son just loves it and when I make it I make a big batch he was planning to have it for breakfast. Late start to the day as its Sunday so he had an early lunch before heading out with friends 😊

Chicken and pepper pasta meal with a Indian twist.
Happyman4 profile image

Looks delicious Zara, and I love eating pasta cold the next day as well..it's easy for me to pick a few herbs fresh from the garden run them under tap and put them on the plate, am into watercress and tomato at the moment 😊

WOW...that is some breakfast.🍽️

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to secrets22

Yes I think it was 😊 it was quite a lot but it kept me happy all day..nice to see you again secrets, hope your keeping well πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi Happyman4

Your breakfast looks appetising.

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, it was indeed very appetizing..that way I eat so much 😁

You may also like...