Bagel Butty.: Lunch today was Cod and fish... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

53,146 members β€’ 9,757 posts

Bagel Butty.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’23 Replies

Lunch today was Cod and fish, but I was very happy with just the chips in a buttered freshly baked bagel..lovely πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

23 Replies
β€’
Activity2004 profile image
Activity2004Administrator

Hi Happyman4,

Your bagel with cod and salad looks wonderful. It reminds me of the bagel and salmon with cream cheese I had yesterday for my lunch. There were a few different types of salmon on the bagel. :-)

Glad you enjoyed your lunch today. :-)

Thank you Activity, am pretty sure that bagels were invented for smoked salmon and cream cheese...or was it the other way round πŸ€” either way they're made for each other 😁I did have a homemade beef burger in a toasted bagel the other day with mustard and ketchup.. it was the best I've ever had. πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Activity2004 profile image
Activity2004Administrator in reply to Happyman4

That sounds good, too with the burger.πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ”πŸ₯―

It was delicious, next time I make one I will post it, am sure you will love itπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Oh! Such a sandwich! Two of my favorite comfort foods . Bread and potato’s. Presented so prettily. Tell me it’s warm and I’m your friend for life! πŸ™

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Isinatra

Good morning Isinatra, it was indeed warm, the hot chips melted the butter and the freshly baked bagel cooled the chips down to ready to eat in half a minute...thank you for your post my friend for life πŸ˜πŸ‘

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Happyman4

πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi Happyman4

Your baked bagel looks appetising.

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, it was appetizing enough for me to want another, but all the chips had been eaten 😊

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

That’s a very nice lunch Happyman4 πŸ‘

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Jerry

Thank you Jerry, it was lovely πŸ™‚

I love bagels. Was this a home made one? I've never made bagels and wonder how difficult they are to make

Good morning HungryHufflepuff, sadly no I didn't make the bagel, I wished I could make them as good as the ones I buy. I was going to give it a go in making my own, I looked at a few videos on YouTube and am sure I could make them, just not got round to it.

One day maybe I will, but for the time been am very happy with these ones πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Im the same, I keep thinking maybe one day maybe I will try to make bagels, but I don't get round to it. I even bought some bagel rings that I think you put the bagel on, to boil in the water. I thought that would motivate me to try making bagels but it didn't πŸ˜„

I just watched a YouTube video on making them, I completely forgot from the last time I looked, there really very simple to make.I think when the bakery I use started making them, and they are really very good, I maybe lost interest in making them. The breads that I can buy from the two bakeries I use are really excellent, the only one that I love to make is my special olive bread, I just found a new supply of the most beautiful olives, perfect for my olive bread.

But now since you mentioned it, I do wonder if I should give it a try when my energy levels are up to it.😊

Please let us know how you get on, if you do decide to make bagels 😊

πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Your bagel butty looks delicious happyman. Can't go wrong with chips as they taste great with everything. I can't remember when Indian restaurants started introducing chips with Indian food as once upon a time we would have found it strange to have chips ordered with Indian food but now that's become a normal as we always order a plate of chips with our meal πŸ˜‹πŸ₯”πŸ›And with Air fryers these days chips don't need to be unhealthy if people want to avoid frying in oil 😊

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

It was probably about the same time when Chinese owned fish and chips shops started introducing curry sauce with chips 😏I tried making chips in the air fryer but there not how we like them, so we just use any kind of oil for deep frying, we might make them a couple of times a week am happy with that.😊

The air fryer is great for chicken, but we mostly use the oven and oven grill as we do have to cook a lot and it's better for us.😊

Am definitely one for reducing using oils but am not obsessed with it..πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

Same here. We've made chips in the Air fryer a few times. They taste more like potatoe wedges really. It's for people that want to avoid using oil πŸ™‚ I do feel the air fryer dries food out whilst cooking so I avoid using it.

Happyman4 profile image

We used to use it quite a lot when we first bought it, now we hardly ever use it. But it will definitely stay in the kitchen for the time being and not up in the loft with all the other things that I regret buying 😁

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

Same here. Mine is gathering dust on the kitchen worktop πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ It was my sons idea so he could cook more easily with the Air fryer. But you can only cook small amounts so he has stopped using it. Looks like he won't be taking it with him when he goes off to study πŸ™

Happyman4 profile image

Same here, one of my oldest boys didn't take the bread maker with him when he went to university ☹Just put a big tray of chicken thighs in the oven ( so easy ) for snacks in the day, we love cold chicken..😊

You may also like...