Cheese on toast/pizza for lunch. πŸ˜‹ - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

53,146 members β€’ 9,757 posts

Cheese on toast/pizza for lunch. πŸ˜‹

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’19 Replies

I think you can call it both 😁

One centimeter thick Swiss Walliser Rye Bread lightly toasted. Cheddar cheese, onion, tomato, anchovies, red bell pepper and more cheese.

Grilled until perfect..😊

19 Replies
β€’

Looks like it will still be warm when I get there. 😁✈️

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Isinatra

It didn't last long, I made 3 of them, the other two was with ham for the boys..they loved them..and they both said the bread was much better then the pizza. You really need to give me notice with your favourite ingredients when your coming so I prepare an extra large one for you. πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Happyman4

You’re such a good host. ☺️I’ll get my list ready and I’ll bring 🍨. Homemade, of course.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Isinatra

Can't wait Isinatra 😁

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Hi Happyman4 this looks really good to me as I much prefer cheese on. toast to pizza. 😊

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Jerry

Thank you Jerry, I think I much prefer this then any pizza I've had before.. I buy my freshly baked bread from waitrose sometimes, there amazing quality. πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Your toasty pizza looks delicious πŸ˜‹ Seems much easier to make then pizza. I think I'll join Isinatra if she's willing to share πŸ§³πŸ›© πŸ˜‰

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

So much easier than making pizza dough and the rest of it..and I can tell you the kids both commented on how nice the bread was..I really enjoyed it very much with a couple of glasses of my homemade bitter orange juice with ice and soda water..

Be interesting to see if Isinatra is willing to share 😊

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Happyman4

Lol I’ll share….just ask!

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Isinatra

Sharing is caring and I know the word "caring" is top on the list against your name Isinatra πŸ•πŸ˜ 😘

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

You must have enjoyed the pizza and your kids too as it looks delicious and orange juice included is perfect and refreshing πŸ‘πŸ•πŸŠ πŸ˜‹πŸ˜Š

Happyman4 profile image

Absolutely loved it Zara, I've always loved cheese on toast..the bitter orange is something we grow, the little tree was completely covered with them this year, there amazing to make drinks with..I took this photo last night, there's no colour to the juice but it's packed with flavour. All the ones you see in the photo only may about 3 tablespoons of juice but its enough for two glasses of drink.

Bitter orange.
Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

I've never heard of bitter oranges. They actually look like limes but seem stronger in taste compared to oranges and must be refreshing to drink 😊

Happyman4 profile image

There about the same size of the very small limes.. some people use the juice in cooking others eat them when they drink alcohol, I think sour/bitter I do eat them sometimes when am ready hot in the garden when the skin has turned orange. I can't remember the name of them now but I will look it up tomorrow..

Almost midnight here now..πŸ’€

Happyman4 profile image

Just looked it up..its called Calamondin orange tree..night night πŸ™‚

Activity2004 profile image
Activity2004Administrator

Hi Happyman4,

This looks really delicious. It's been a while since I had anchovies on a pizza. Anchovies are one of my favorite toppings for a pizza/salad. Glad you enjoyed your pizza/cheese on toast for lunch today. :-)

Thank you Activity, I did enjoy it very much.. anchovies are one of favourite snacks, I love to put them on fresh bread and eat them on their own..😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi Happyman4

Looks delicious!

Zest :-)

Looks good I would have to df cheese

You may also like...