Snake gourd. : I took this photo yesterday... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

53,145 members β€’ 9,755 posts

Snake gourd.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’11 Replies

I took this photo yesterday early morning, when the last of long beans and pumpkins were finished producing I planted snake gourd seeds around a jackfruit tree and within a month the plants have grown all over it and some of the surrounding trees..it also produce quite a few gourds that were lovely lightly boiled and as always for me eaten with olive oil and lemon or lime juice.

I left the very first gourd on the plant for seeds in the future..it's already about two foot long and it will be ready to save and dry for its seeds soon.

All the surrounding trees are all fruit trees, with the exception of the palm that does produce huge amounts of berries that my resident squirrel enjoys so much..though I think they are edible for people to..πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

11 Replies
β€’

Thank you Happyman for this beautiful picture. I don’t think I recognise any of the plants there but I’m enjoying admiring the view 😊

Thank you HungryHufflepuff, the list is long of the fruit trees in the photo, I love growing my own veg, herbs and fruits..and I try and make the most of the space I have..I have wondered in the past why it's called snake gourd..it will be daylight in another hour or so and I will take a photo of one that probably answers my own question 😁

Sounds delicious and i love the photo its beautiful ☺️

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Hb2003

Hi and thank you Hiba, it is a beautiful photo, am glad you liked it..😊

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Happyman4

Hi Happyman Your welcome πŸ™β˜ΊοΈ

Happyman4 profile image

πŸ˜πŸ‘

Perhaps this is the reason it's called snake gourd 😁

Snake gourd.
Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Happyman4

Looks so cool☺️

Happyman4 profile image

It's the first time I have grown them..I always wondered why they were called snake gourd, now I know, so lovely.😁

I took the photo this morning.

That's so amazing and I love that it's edible too .

A beautiful view your sharing with us of your garden. I can see why its called a snake gourd. Must be a task to peel and cut the shape its grown 🐍It looks lovely 😊

You may also like...