Come back happyman 😁: Well that was the... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,987 members β€’ 9,793 posts

Come back happyman 😁

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’32 Replies

Well that was the message I received today, and it did make me think that there are some members that genuinely do miss me/posts.

I read almost daily on a couple of other forums and I was very saddened to see that one of the most valuable members on there won't be contributing anymore on there, then when I looked in here I saw our dear loveable Mandy has left us...very very sorry for that.

I remember one of her last posts was of fish and chips, so I thought I'd make some, i had this with mushy peas that i made from dried split peas, seasoned with salt pepper and apple cider vinegar.

The lemon is from my garden..

The Cod was absolutely beautiful. The chips were double fried for that extra crispness.

Yes I am feeling a lot better as a I had my second vaccine yesterday and the beautiful beaches are open again, had a lovely day in the sea this afternoon...😊

32 Replies
β€’

πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹So glad you’re back! Of course you were missed! So sweet of you to make your comeback post a tribute to Mandy. Yes, I will miss her, too, but I’m thinking she will be back, too. It’s breakfast time for me right now and if I had your fish and chips, they certainly would be what I would reach for. πŸŒΈπŸ’•

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Isinatra

Thank you for your reply and your welcome Isinatre, I hope you had a nice breakfast πŸ™‚

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Happyman4

Thank You, Happyman. My breakfast could have been better, though, if I was your neighbor. 😁

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Isinatra

Your more then welcome to be my neighbour and your always welcome to drop in if your passing by..😁

Glad your back, I have been rediscovering myself new hobby, organic veg gardening

Veg plate

Hi happy man and isinatra I came across this and brought a tear at your kind words I left HU but am now back as been sorting myself out and I'm doing well and now true to my new name I'm still keeping a low profile tho as quite busy with house renovation but I have been peeping at some of you, happy man what's happend to your chocolate cake post bless you both πŸ€”πŸŠxx

Good to see you Happyman 😊

Good to see you to HungryHufflepuff 😊

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Hey its good to see you and that you're happy and cooking in the kitchen Happyman4 πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Jerry

Am happy everywhere now that am fully vaccinated..the beaches are wonderful without all the tourists 😊

Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersVegan star

So glad your back Happyman4 and feeling much more comfortable now your double vaccinated. It is such a shame about Mandy, maybe she will come back soon 😊

Thank you Kitten-whiskers, I do feel so much better now I got my second jab..I know I still have to be careful though. Perhaps Mandy will come back when she finally got her new kitchen finished..😊

Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersVegan star in reply to Happyman4

Thats great Happyman, we do need to be careful with winter but we will get through it.

Yes hopefuly Mandy will come back - she has before πŸ™ƒ

So glad to have you back happyman 😊You have been missed. It'll be nice for me to know I'll wake up to your daily post again. I hope your here to stay now πŸ˜‰The fish and chips look delicious. I made home made chips last weekend and they were really enjoyed by me and my family as well as some samosa's and spring rolls. I am really craving this kind of food lately. Like you I hope we can have Mandy back soon πŸ˜‹

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Thank you Zara, I do love Cod and chips, or any fish and chips 😁I've been perfecting my chips method for cooking in leaving the prepared chips in water for a while to wash some of the starch out, then fry them for 5 minutes, leave them to cool down while I fry the fish and then fry them again in very hot oil...so crispy on the outside and soft inside...perfect 😊

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

I did the same and soaked my chips in water for 30 mins. It does help remove some of the starch. I think the potatoes I had were a bit sweet so the chips had a slight sweet taste after frying. My sons were too hungry so I just fried the potatoes fully once. Needed to feed hungry tummies πŸ˜„

Happyman4 profile image

The one thing I noticed when I first moved to Thailand 14 years ago was the potatoes were so much sweeter and more tasty they are then the varieties we had in the UK. I still don't know what variety they are, but it's the only one they have, with the exception of the small waxy ones they call soup potatoes. Quite understand you just frying the chips once..I know what am like when my kids say am hungry dad...😁

How did you cook the cod? These veggies would be a nice accompaniment

I use a deep pan for frying, I normally use a tempura flour adding salt and pepper to it for the butter mix..I also add some salt and pepper to the flour that you coat the fish in first before dipping into the butter mixture.

That's a lovely lot of healthy looking veg you have Bluelady-sing, I think I would have eaten them all before I got back to my kitchen 😊

I mentioned in my post that I have now received my second vaccine, like most all of us we try to find out as much as possible on what protection we are actually getting from the vaccine and what we should be doing to keep us as safe as possible so we can fulfill are hope's and dreams.This is one of the many links that I have been reading and its just a reminder that we are not out the woods just yet..

google.com/url?sa=t&source=...

Call me weird that I like to read these articles most every morning 😬

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Happyman4

I don’t think it’s weird it’s good to be informed thank you for sharing πŸ™ much appreciated πŸ™‚

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Hb2003

Thank you Hiba, I like to remind myself as often as possible that am only human with health issues. πŸ™‚

Zara0123 profile image

I think its us with health issues that worry more and are more careful and concerned about the virus.

Happyman4 profile image

I just been reading a study from Denmark of people who how asthma and other lung diseases if they contracted covid..couldn't really understand it as it was very long and a bit to advanced for my reading skills..so am none the wiser..The only thing I have worked out over the last year or so is that we are more likely to suffer more serious problems if we have health issues..but I think that is generally accepted to be true. So nothing really is going to change my living habits for the foreseeable future πŸ˜πŸ‘

Zara0123 profile image

Just got to be careful and stay safe like we have been doing 😊

Maxy6 profile image
Maxy6 in reply to Happyman4

I don't think it's weird @ all. I read everything about it. In fact, I just got my Moderna "booster" shot. I'm glad you came back.,Happyman4. I don't post much but I do read almost every day.Hope this means that you are feeling well.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Maxy6

Yes thank you Maxy6, I am feeling a lot better. Am very happy that you got your booster vaccine as it will make a big difference in fighting off the virus.

I spoke to the nurse who gave me the second jab, who said it will most likely that I will get the booster in about 6 months time..

Whatever happens I will most definitely be getting it either here in Thailand or somewhere else in the world...πŸ˜πŸ‘

Hiya, I've not been present on the forum recently as I've not been well but so glad to see you are still posting.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to happytulip

Happy to hear from you happytulip, I do hope you start feeling better very soon..I know how difficult it is for you..It can be extremely hard to get through some days, don't I know it!

I hope you can start putting together some of your lovely meals and post some of them..am running out of ideas πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

happytulip profile image
happytulip in reply to Happyman4

Thank you. Sending you best wishes.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to happytulip

I just noticed your post..do I live in a dream world or what😁

You may also like...