Gluten free vegan buckwheat cinnamon & frui... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

54,202 members β€’ 8,008 posts

Gluten free vegan buckwheat cinnamon & fruit flap jacks

β€’13 Replies

Hi everyone,

I baked these earlier as I've a vegan neighbour and friend calling around later so I made these plant based and gluten free flap jacks as an experiment. As I don't eat oats so buckwheat and quinoa flakes are a great alternative for flap jacks.

Here's the recipe, 250g buckwheat flakes 175g mixed dried fruit 165g Pure vegan butter 40g brown sugar 2 table spoons golden syrup, 50ml vegan single cream and 1/2 tea spoon cinnamon.

Method, melt the pure in a saucepan with the sugar and the syrup until the sugar dissolves then add the buckwheat flakes the dried fruit and then the cream and cinnamon before spreading in a greased baking tray cover with more buckwheat flakes and bake for approx 20/25 mins then leave to cool thoroughly before cutting and sampling.

For those ins the UK I hope that you're enjoying the bank holiday weekend. 😎

13 Replies
β€’

They look very nice Jerry. πŸ™‚

in reply to springcross

Thank you springcross thats very kind of you. 😊

Looks very delicious πŸ˜‹β˜ΊοΈ I think I might like this could you make into a bar ? Hope that you’re having a wonderful weekend

in reply to Hb2003

Hey thanks Hiba, I was thinking how like a bar these are and my vegan friend really enjoyed them and took some home.

I hope that you're having a great weekend and have over come bronchitis now. 😊

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to

Your welcome jerry 😁 I am having a great weekend so far thankfully no more bronchitis I feel normal again

in reply to Hb2003

I’m pleased fir you Hiba so you have a lovely weekend now. 😁

Activity2004 profile image
Activity2004Administrator

Hi Hidden,

Your flapjacks look and sound delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipe with everyone. πŸ˜€πŸ‘

in reply to Activity2004

Hey thanks Leah I love gluten. free baked goodies especially when packed with nutrition. 😊

They look delicious think I might give those a try. Thankyou for sharing the recipe.

in reply to Woodhouse16

Thank you Woodhouse16 my friend and neighbour was very impressed and took some home. 😊

Hope you and your neighbor thoroughly enjoyed the delicious looking flap jacks

in reply to Imaaan

Hey thanks Imaaan my neighbour did and they've all been eaten... 😁

Hi Jerry,

Your flapjacks look scrumptious!

Hope you enjoyed, along with our bank holiday!

😊

You may also like...