Fillet steak with pickled wasabi πŸ₯΅ - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

53,253 members β€’ 9,791 posts

Fillet steak with pickled wasabi πŸ₯΅

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’29 Replies

Lunch today was a very generous portion of fillet steak with pickled wasabi, a mixed coleslaw salad and a mix of pickles.

I bought the fillet steak as a treat for breakfast, and noticed that the supermarket was now stocking pickled wasabi in the Japanese section, so I thought I'd try it with our homemade sushi.

Out of curiosity I tried a bit with the steak and absolutely loved it, miles better then mustard.

Pickled wasabi it is different from the paste, though it still mind blowing. I will never have steak or ham again with mustard.

The pickles were, ginger, onion, pearl garlic and gerkin.

The coleslaw was of white cabbage, carrot, snap peas, tomato, choy sum, mayonnaise with lime juice.

I couldn't manage all the steak and saved some in the fridge to use for something else, maybe in a fried rice with veg.

If you like real wasabi..look out for the pickled as it's delicious. 😊

29 Replies
β€’

There’s not an ingredient on that plate that wouldn’t make me happy, Happyman. I like wasabi, but have never heard of pickled wasabi. Sounds exotic. I’ll be researching if it’s sold in the states. How did you cook your steak?

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Isinatra

In a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper..just a couple of minutes on each side was enough for a medium cook.πŸ™‚

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Happyman4

That’ll work for me!

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

Your steak looks delicious and pretty easy to cook.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

A couple of minutes frying on each side .. quicker then boiling an egg 😊

Zara0123 profile image

Sounds like it is very easy to cook and looks really tasty πŸ˜‹

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Perfect with the pickled wasabi πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Oops! Not familiar with Choy sum.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Isinatra

It's a vegetable that's very popular in this part of the world, we always have it in the fridge along with bok choy, Chinese broccoli, Chinese kale and Chinese cabbage..πŸ™‚

That looks great Happyman but isn't Wasabi very hot? If so, my stomach would never forgive me if I ate it!

It's over the top hot, am quite sure most people would not be able to eat it on its own, normally I would mix a little with soya sauce for sushi, sometimes even for dim sum. I only just found this pickled one one the frozen section of Japanese food, it still has the same punch as the paste but hads a more fresh flavour to it..for me it's quite a find..don't know what to do with all the mustard i have now..πŸ™‚

Thanks for the warning. πŸ₯΅

Oh my goodness πŸ˜† I love it that would be my favorite Meal of course without the wasabi ☺️ and I adore coleslaw I love it so much

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Hb2003

Actually the meal was all very nice, I think the best part for me was the coleslaw, it was perfect. I didn't think many members would have ever tasted wasabi and for those that have would of found it extremely undesirable to eat on its own as it does send shock waves up into your nose and head...i loved it and eat all of it.😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi Happyman4

Your fillet steak with accompanyments looks really scrumptious. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Nice choice of pickles too. I enjoy pickles.

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, it was all very enjoyable, just started to make a beef stew with dumplings in my slow cooker..not much else to do at 4am..πŸ™‚

Everything looks wow!

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

Thank you Imaaan 😊

Hi Happyman4,

Your 'Wasabi' meal looks great!..

It sounds like the fillet steak and Wasabi was a good combination.

Glad that you enjoyed it and shared with us!

Will save xx

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to TaurusLady

Thank you TaurusLady, I was delighted with how much I enjoyed the combination, very pleased with the whole meal. Thanks for saving xπŸ™‚

That looks so delicious Happyman. I could happily eat that steak! And look at the beautiful pickled ginger. How do you buy that? I've never seen picked ginger for sale in the UK that looks as good as that. Or maybe I need to make my own?

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to happytulip

I love pickles and pickled ginger is one that I eat the most.I don't know how they get it to look and taste so good, but am pretty sure that it will be with young ginger..I normally buy it in one kilo bags and then put it in jars to keep in the fridge as I like to eat it cold..it's very refreshing.

You maybe can buy on line.

I can send you some if you want..πŸ˜‡

happytulip profile image
happytulip in reply to Happyman4

That's really kind but I think I've found some online. You are correct, it's the younger ginger that gives it it's pink colour. It's so good for nausea and I'm sure it helps inflammation. Not to mention it's simply delicious!Thanks for the kind offer πŸ˜„

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to happytulip

Your right, it is all you said..here's some until you get your delivery 😁

So nice πŸ‘
happytulip profile image
happytulip in reply to Happyman4

Thank you!

Zara0123 profile image

I've never seen pickled ginger too. Will have to look out for them.

what a glorious meal........but i must look out for picked Wasabi

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to secrets22

Thank you secrets, it was a very nice meal πŸ™‚Hope you find the picked wasabi as it's very nice😊

Pickled wasabi looks delicious and would go really well with a lot of the curries I make and rice. Happyman your making my mouth water. My mum makes carrot pickles and mango pickles which are delicious but I have to be really careful how much I eat as I take medication and it's too strong for my stomach. Every now and again I have some. Everything looks delicious on your plate πŸ˜‹ I save a lot of your post and will give your home made meals a try when I feel a bit better.

You may also like...