Pudding pieπŸ˜‹: Granny Smith apples and black... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

53,263 members β€’ 9,796 posts

Pudding pieπŸ˜‹

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’84 Replies

Granny Smith apples and black plums cooked in butter and sugar with cinnamon, cloves, star annisd and cardamom until mushy, allow to cool put in glass baking tray and add sponge mixture, cook in oven.

Serve with a creamy custard..perfect 😊

It was delicious after my evening meal of stir fried crab curry, a favourite with the kids..so much so I never got any last night so went to the fish market again this morning πŸ˜‹

Hope you like my delicious sponge pudding. πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

84 Replies
β€’

It looks simply maHvelous!

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Isinatra

Thank you lsinatra, am really so glad I took the time to make itπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Imaaan profile image
Imaaan in reply to Isinatra

Darling, I second your Maaaaahvelous

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Imaaan

Yes, daHling! πŸ˜‚

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Hey Happyman4 your pudding pie looks perfect to me.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Jerry

Thank you Jerry, it really was perfect, just the right amount of sweetness and tartness.πŸ™‚πŸ‘Œ

Activity2004 profile image
Activity2004Administrator

Your pudding pie has lots of my favorite fruits and add-in ingredients. I will have to see if we can get the plums in the next few weeks when we do our shopping lists. Thank you for sharing a picture of it with us.

I got the plums at a really good price this morning as they were just starting to go soft.. perfect for what I wanted them for, it really turned out beautifully 😊

Activity2004 profile image
Activity2004Administrator in reply to Happyman4

I'm glad to hear that about the plums working out nicely for your pie. How big are the plums?

There about 2" in diameter, black skin and reddish inside, I been eating a lot of them as they just been imported, I think this must of been the last of them as I hadn't seen them in the supermarkets for over a week..We have are own variety that are much smaller but very very tasty, but they to just goon out of season ☹

Not to worry the dragon fruit are in season and very cheap 😊

Oooh Happyman, that looks soooo good I can almost taste itπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹.

Thank you springcross, I can honestly say that it really does taste as good as it looks πŸ˜‹

Yum! πŸ™‚

Been scrumping Happyman? πŸ™ˆ

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to BTCCET

πŸ˜πŸ‘ just the applesπŸ˜‡

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi Happyman4

What a tasty dessert. It really looks scrumptious.

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, it was so lovely πŸ™‚

Your sponge pudding looks delicious and so well presented πŸ˜‹πŸ‘Œ Did you make your own sponge mixture?

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Thank you Zara, I did make my own sponge mix, with flour, milk, melted butter, sugar eggs,and a little baking powder..I reduced the sugar to a minimum so not to make it to sweet.πŸ™‚πŸ˜‡

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

The sponge looks nice and soft and looks homemade. I tend to make fancy cakes which are too time consuming. I need to make a simple sponge cake like yours. I have most of the ingredients so will try to soon.

Happyman4 profile image

πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Is this easy to cook

Yes very easily, I enjoy doing it, so I don't really think anything is difficult when it comes to cooking πŸ™‚

Looks yum how many cals

Thank you Bluelady, I didn't work out the calories in it, but I would think it's quite high.I don't really think about calories or carbs as I tend to have an overall healthy diet.

I could work it out as quite easily from the ingredients I used...but let's just say it's high😁

yummy

I've never had a sponge pudding, but it looks wonderful. I'd love to try to make it. Is this recipe the right idea?

And what is that sauce you've got on top? It's making me hungry.

jamieoliver.com/recipes/fru...

I like Jamie Oliver's recipes, and I think this one is an excellent one..it's up to you though what you use to season the apples, I probably try out his recipe for the sponge as it sounds really good. I actually met him a couple of times when he visited his friends restaurant in hampstead, he really is a very nice guy.πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

How exciting! I enjoy his books. He seems more about getting people fed than fancy show off recipes.

Yes your right about that.. I used really enjoy seeing him on T V.I don't think you will be disappointed if you do make his recipe for sponge pudding.πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Thanks for the advice.

My pleasure πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Ok.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to animefan94

Be good to yourself.. Ok! πŸ™‚

sounds lovely.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to secrets22

There was some leftover, and it was even better straight from the fridge..all the juices from the fruit had gone into the sponge..πŸ€—

Zara0123 profile image

I love it when that happens. Makes the sponge more moist and tasty. The chocolate cake I make I put cream in the middle and I feel it tastes better as the days go by rather then the first day. More moist and creamy and flavour some πŸ˜‹

Happyman4 profile image

At 3am this morning,..eating it straight from the fridge...it made me smile😊Your chocolate cake sounds wonderful, same as the brownies my wife makes, they are even better the next day.

We made a beautiful chocolate cake a week ago for my youngest sons birthday and enjoyed it for the few days after...made sure it was a big one.

Reading about your one has got me thinking about making another one soon😊

MadBunny profile image
MadBunny in reply to Happyman4

And there was me thinking I was the only one who ate sweet stuff at 3am. This morning it was white chocolate 😁

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to MadBunny

😁 no your not on your own there. My real name is the MadHappymaan πŸ€—

MadBunny profile image

Well I'm really the mad bunny lady cos we've had rabbits for many years and I'm mad about them. A variation on mad cat lady 🀣

Happyman4 profile image

Ho dear, that means am still they only one who's mad as in real mad ☹

MadBunny profile image

On a different subject, I went for my usual walk by the river the other day and there were quite a lot of blackberries already ripe- prob due to the spell of hot weather. I nipped into Sainsbury's and bought a plastic container! I managed to pick enough for 3 blackberry and apple crumbles, so I've frozen them to use later.

Happyman4 profile image

Well I have to show you my BlackBerry now..not quite ready yet, I was going to post it on my gardening thread, I will do it now, I give you a shout when I posted it πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

MadBunny profile image

Ok.

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to MadBunny

No your not alone..... I'm guilty of doing that too πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‹πŸ˜Š

MadBunny profile image
MadBunny in reply to Zara0123

I just get a craving around 2-3 am , especially as I don't sleep well. Usually it's chocolate or something sweetπŸ™„

Zara0123 profile image

I don't need a reason I get a craving full stop πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

MadBunny profile image

Me too πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Zara0123 profile image

I know the sleep thing was just an excuse. We've all tried that one before πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

MadBunny profile image

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Happyman4 profile image

It was cold crab for me this morning at about 3 o'clock..had to go to the market to replace it as my wife wanted to make more stir fry curry this morning with it..πŸ™‚

Zara0123 profile image

This is the chocolate cake my kids love that I make. Two cakes layered on top of each other then decorated. I've made it so many times this year we're a bit bored of it. Your cake sounds easier to make as this one I make takes a lot of time and effort. Your sponge cake has given me an idea πŸ˜‰

Chocolate cake decorated with strawberries and fresh cream πŸ“πŸ˜‹
MadBunny profile image

Yummy That looks delicious πŸ˜‹

Zara0123 profile image

Thanks 😊.... even something like this chocolate cake eaten too often gets a little boring so I'm taking a break from the chocolate cake and going to try something simple like happymans plain sponge cake when my health permits me to.

BTCCET profile image
BTCCET in reply to Zara0123

Oh my word! Chocolate cake you've caught my attention BIG TIME, that looks beautiful ZaraπŸ˜‹

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to BTCCET

Thank you B. Doesn't contain any Nutella though, but tastes just as great πŸ˜‚

Happyman4 profile image

Wow, Zara that looks like the busyness 😳 am gonna have to show this to my wife as I will definitely need help in trying to make that..very very beautiful πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Zara0123 profile image

I like to use my creative skills in the kitchen πŸ˜‚ (I studied Fashion Design and love art and design)...... But unfortunately I have two sons and they don't really appreciate it. They just want yummy tasty cake. But I like to make an effort for myself πŸ˜‰

Happyman4 profile image

I think your creative skills are very easy to see, and are very much appreciated by anyone that sees them..your kids don't know how lucky they are..😁

Zara0123 profile image

😊

Zara0123 profile image

Thank you happyman for the compliment πŸ₯°

Imaaan profile image
Imaaan in reply to Zara0123

What a spectacular looking cake. You're gifted

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Imaaan

Thanks Imaaan 😊

springcross profile image
springcross in reply to Zara0123

Oh my goodness Zara, that looks absolutely fantastic. Well done to you for making such a beautiful cake which looks soooooooo good. That has made me feel quite hungry now. 😊

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to springcross

Thank you for the lovely compliment springcross.... would love to share with the lovely members on HE, but you guys will just have to enjoy it virtually sorry. I've made it too many times in the last few months decorating it differently so I'm taking a break from it. I want to make a simple sponge cake after seeing happymans post 😊

That's a shame, it really is stunning I think. 😊

Zara0123 profile image

I'm sure the cravings will come back soon so will probably give in and make in a few months time. It's not dry at all like shop bought cakes. Its really nice and moist inside as the fresh creams flavour sinks into the cake so as the days go by it tastes even nicer. I don't add the full amount of sugar the recipe requires as its too much so it doesn't taste too sweet. The last few pieces taste the best when we realise it's the end πŸ˜„

You're making my mouth water with that description. πŸ˜‹

Zara0123 profile image

Sorry 🀭

πŸ˜„ x

Cockneyblue profile image
CockneyblueHigh Risk

I am definitely trying this. Thank you πŸ‘

Hope it turns out just the way you want it πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersVegan star

That looks amazing, I bet that was delicious πŸ˜‹

Thank you Kitten-whiskers, there was some left over that I covered and put it the fridge, I had it in the early hours of this morning..it brought a very satisfying smile with every spoon full 😊 the fruit juices had soaked into the sponge and there was some custard next to it...πŸ˜πŸ‘

Kitten-whiskersVegan star in reply to Happyman4

Sounds wonderful , did you make the sponge from scratch ?

Yes it was all from scratch, I used butter in it, but you can quite easily change that to an oil of your liking. It really was just a basic sponge, but very tasty with that wonderful fruit mixture 😊

It does sound wonderful, a nice hot pudding for those winter nights ahead

It's been a long time since I've seen a winter Debs, 😊 but a nice treacle pudding with custard is fine with me anytime 😊

Of course Happyman, sorry! had a really bad night - brain still not fully awake

πŸ™ƒ

Sorry about the bad night Debs...I tend to like the daylight hours, night's are a real pain. πŸ™‚

Couldn't agree more 😊

A lovely looking dessert

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

Thank you Imaaan, πŸ™‚

You may also like...