Veg Thai Green Curry. : Today's evening meal... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

54,148 members β€’ 8,004 posts

Veg Thai Green Curry.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’18 Replies

Today's evening meal was a delicious vegetarian Thai green curry, made with long green aubergine, small round aubergine, okra, sweet pineapple red and yellow bell peppers, potato, Thai sweet basil, coconut milk.

It was served with brown rice, mung beans and Chinese pearl barley.

It was absolutely delicious as all the ingredients complemented each other and blending to perfection, making it very very tasty meal. πŸ‘πŸ˜

I have some custard slice in the fridge just to finish off the evening πŸ˜‹

18 Replies
β€’

Combining those ingredients produced a pretty yummy looking plate

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

Thank you Imaaan, perhaps ingredients are a bit unusual for a Thai green curry, but it does look lovely and it was really lovely, I enjoyed it very much πŸ‘πŸ˜

This looks amazing to me Happyman4 so nice one,

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to

Thank you Jerry,..I actually loved it πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

This looks and sounds very nutritious Happyman. πŸ™‚

Thank you springcross, I think it was nutritious and very tasty πŸ™‚ The rice mixed with the mung beans pearl barley was very nice, and I will be making it more often 😊

Activity2004 profile image
Activity2004Administrator

This sounds and looks wonderful, Happyman4. The custard sounds great for dessert with the curry, too.

Thank you Activity, am normally stick with the same ingredients when it comes to this curry, but I thought I'd try it with something a bit different, am glad I did as it was very nice. πŸ™‚The custard slice is like a cake, it's a bit sweet so I just have a little, still got most of it in the fridge, so I took a photo of it as you probably don't know them in the USA..πŸ™‚

Custard slice.
Activity2004Administrator in reply to Happyman4

The custard looks very nice. It reminds me of an ice box cake my Grandmother had made years ago.

I just looked up ice box cake, I think my kids would love to try it..have to buy some Oreos and try it with them, I think they would love it 😊

Please let us know what they think after trying the recipe. My Grandmother uses graham crackers for each layer.

I looked at that recipe first and then noticed the Oreo one, I think I saw the Graham crackers in one of the supermarkets, I will look out for them, I bought the Jacobs hi fiber crackers yesterday that I like to have with cheese and fruits, they look the same as the Graham ones.πŸ™‚Am just starting to make a vegetarian moussaka for lunch today, am going to try and make the white sauce with coconut milk so it will also be vegan πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Hi fiber crackers.

That sounds like a great idea for a lunch. Enjoy!

Thanks, and nice talking to you...πŸ™‚

Hi Happyman4,

This looks like a fullsome vegetarian meal

I like the colours in the curry and the chunky vegetables you've made!

The rice also looks very healthy!

Glad that you enjoyed it.

Thank you for sharing xx

😊

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to TaurusLady

Thank you TaurusLady, it was a bit different to the green curry's I would have normally made, but the difference was all positive, very lovely 😊

Hi Happyman4

Wow, this meal looks sooooo tasty. Yum!

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, I absolutely loved it, 😊

You may also like...