Today's simple lunch. : A very simple light... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,875 members β€’ 9,765 posts

Today's simple lunch.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’27 Replies

A very simple light lunch that I very much enjoyed.

Tofu, Chinese sweet sausage, sugar snap peas fried in a little olive oil with garlic and ginger, season with veg stock powder, sesame seed oil, soya sauce, water, salt and pepper.

It's impossible to imagine how tasty it was unless you have previously eaten Chinese sweet sausages.

Perfect 😊

27 Replies
β€’

Hi Happyman, nice to see you back. Your meal sounds and looks very nutritious. πŸ™‚

Thank you springcross, yes I think it's both, l really loved the Chinese sausage as I hadn't eaten it for a long time.. it was a very tasty treat πŸ™‚

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Your meal also looks very attractive Happyman4 and I’ve never had Chinese sweet sausages but am sure that you’re right. πŸ‘

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Jerry

Thank you Jerry, yes am right πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Happyman4

Hey me too and it’s nice to see you posting again,

Hi Happyman good to see you, never tried it but just the name Chinese sweet sausage is making my mouth waterπŸ˜‹

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to BTCCET

Thanks BTCCET, nice to see you to πŸ‘πŸ˜

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to BTCCET

Mmmm Sweet sausages πŸ˜‹ Its always the sweet things that tickle our taste buds πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

BTCCET profile image
BTCCET in reply to Zara0123

Dipping sausage? 😘

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to BTCCET

Anything to bring the delish spoon and jar into the meal πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

MadBunny profile image
MadBunny in reply to BTCCET

Mmmm. Me too😁

So happy to see you, Happyman! And your new dish as well.😁

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Isinatra

Thank you Isinatra, 😊

Happyman good to have you back πŸ₯° Was hoping you'd start sharing your delish meals with us again. You have been missed. Your lunch looks lovely, sweet sausages πŸ˜‹ Enough of your time off now let us know what exciting things you've been up to in the kitchen 😊

πŸ‘¨β€πŸ³πŸ”ͺπŸ₯« πŸ› 🍽 🌯 πŸ₯˜

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Thank you Zara, 😊...I haven't been in the kitchen very much, most of my time I've been working in the garden with my two young sons, trying to put a bit more muscle on them, they want to dig a well now..πŸ™„...am putting together an outdoor gym for them tomorrow, hopefully stop them digging up my lawn 😬I'd like to make some more macaroons with almond and pistachio nuts tomorrow and some more yogurt as we are all hooked on strawberry lassi at the moment..I probably make the yogurt early morning when it's nice and peaceful. 😊

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

Looks like you've had lots of fun and have been busy in your garden whilst you've been away. A break is good 😊Outdoor gym sounds fun, digging up a well πŸ€” I'd think about that one πŸ˜‚

Lassi Mmmm sounds nice. I was going to make a strawberry lassi but by the time I could all the πŸ“ were gone. Maybe next time. Take care and hope to see you around. No more disappearing acts happyman 😁

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

I buy the frozen strawberries, no one eats them and they're perfect for ice cold lassi 😊I just finished ( 8am ) making a new batch of yogurt, can forget about it now and go and look for a place to hang up the punch bag I bought yesterday 😁

Yes I will be around..πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Looks good. It's often the simple dishes that are the best. I must try the sausage- sounds delicious and just my kind of thing 😁

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to MadBunny

Thank you MadBunny ( lovely the name ) I absolutely love them, they great in many recipes or just on their own as a side dish..πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi Happyman4 I am happy to see you back, and your meal looks really good. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, I don't eat the Chinese sweet sausages very often, but when I do I really enjoy them..they add a unique flavour to the meal. πŸ™‚

Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersVegan star

Glad to see you back Happyman4, you lunch does sound very tasty and I love the look of your tofu - cooked to perfection 😊

Thank you Kitten-whiskers, you have a good eye for perfectly cooked tofu 😁 I like to leave it drain for a while by an open window so it's dry before using, it crisps up beautifully in very little olive oil..perfect 😊

Kitten-whiskersVegan star in reply to Happyman4

I will give that a try next time, I have popped some in the freezer as the texture is supposed to be improved by doing that as well 😁

I didn't know that, and I never thought of freezing it. I will buy some extra time I go shopping and put some in the freezer.. will be interesting to see what happens 😊

Kitten-whiskersVegan star in reply to Happyman4

It will be 😁

I tried something new yesterday at lunchtime donburi

You may also like...