No food today, I put my bread away 😁 - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,971 members β€’ 9,793 posts

No food today, I put my bread away 😁

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’30 Replies

Am making a conscious effort ( again ) to lose a couple of kilos. I noticed my 5 year old daughter eying up my belly again to use as her own personal bouncy castle and bring back those happy memories from 2 years ago.

So today I've made due with a few cups of jasmine tea until lunch, and had a cantaloupe lassi followed by a raspberry lassi for lunch.. and had only ice water since then, we got leg of lamb chips and salad tonight for our evening meal.

Hope you all having a nice day..😁

30 Replies
β€’

That looks very nice and refreshing Happyman. πŸ™‚

I used frozen berries so its ice cold, I try and make at least one every day πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

happytulip profile image
happytulip in reply to Happyman4

Sorry to ask a stupid question but how do you make it please?

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to happytulip

I mostly use frozen berries and add a little milk so they can start to blend in the blender then add the yogurt...that's it..I don't use nothing else. If I use fresh fruit I just make sure that it cold and again add a little milk so it starts to blend and add the yogurt.

A simple refreshing and delicious healthy food.

Fresh orange cantaloupe lassi
happytulip profile image
happytulip in reply to Happyman4

I'm going to make a raspberry one tomorrow. πŸ˜ƒ

Leg of lamb sounds like something to really look forward to.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to happytulip

It was delicious, I just had it with a delicious salad my wife made for meπŸ™‚

Your lassi looks like a great thirst quencher with the bonus of making your tastebuds come to life. Hope your successful in reaching your target weight.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

Your absolutely right Imaaan, it's very refreshing and very tasty, am really happy my boys love it as much as I do, they prefer the strawberry, so it's of to the whole salers early morning, they open 6am and am normally there before 7.My favourite is mulberry πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Imaaan profile image
Imaaan in reply to Happyman4

I'm on the son's team since I prefer strawberry as well.

Happyman4 profile image

Ok I will buy an extra kilo for youπŸ™‚

Imaaan profile image
Imaaan in reply to Happyman4

πŸ“How very generous of you kind sir

Happyman4 profile image

Yes I know, that's just me been me, all πŸ’œ

BTCCET profile image
BTCCET in reply to Happyman4

Strawberry all day long for meπŸ‘Œ

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to BTCCET

Strawberry day today for me to..πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

Strawberries to eat but I prefer raspberry jam more. Your lassi looks delicious πŸ’•

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Thank you Zara, it really is a lovely way to have yogurt and fruit and it's so refreshing in our hot climate 😊

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to BTCCET

With some melted Nutella poured on top or even better dipped in Nutella πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ“πŸ«

BTCCET profile image
BTCCET in reply to Zara0123

Yeah, I've tried them out.... Occasionally πŸ˜‹πŸ‘Œ

Hi HM good luck with your diet but remember your metabolic rate will slow down if you cut down on calories as the body will think it's starving and so you will need to exercise to keep.it up or when you come off your diet hull put weight on very quick πŸ€—πŸ˜»maby you should get a bouncy castle to jump on 😁🀦

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to

Thanks for the advice Mandy, will definitely keep it in mind πŸ‘πŸ™‚

in reply to Happyman4

Good 😁night night bedtime now πŸ€—

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to

Sleep good πŸ’€πŸ’€

Looks refreshing Happyman4! xx

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to TaurusLady

Ice cool lassi on hot days is probably the most refreshing thing in the world, and it's so tasty πŸ™‚

TaurusLady profile image
TaurusLady in reply to Happyman4

Looks very tasty Happyman4,

Thank you for sharing! xx

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to TaurusLady

πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

You don't have to starve yourself to loose weight. Just eat less carbs and get your calories from fats. Eating less carbs keeps your insulin levels down so you're less likely to store any excess energy in the form of fat. Many would be amazed at the size of my meals given my weight (11st 7lb at 6ft tall). but they contain ey little carbs. Certainly no bread. The added advantage of keeping carb intake down it that you produce less hunger hormone so it's no problem having alate meal or even skipping a meal.

Also the reduced chronic inflammation caused by the high blood sugar levels means that your tummy will shrink.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Eryl

Thank you Eryl for your kind post..I did lose a lot of weight some time ago and have been maintaining a steady weight. It's only been just recently I put on a couple of kilos, I got a bit carried away with lots of cooking.. I was meaning to get out a bit more, but there's a log of covid restrictions if you leave your home, like wearing a mask that's very difficult for me as I have asthma..will start getting out a bit more tomorrow...back to my early morning walks..πŸ™‚

Eryl profile image
Eryl in reply to Happyman4

Reducing your chronic inflammation by lowering your carb intake (esp processed food including shop bought bread) will dilate your airways and reduce the severity of asthma attacks. Improved breathing was an unexpected result of me going low carb.

You may also like...