Baking done. : Well am really looking forward... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,875 members β€’ 9,765 posts

Baking done.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’26 Replies

Well am really looking forward to that extra chocolatey cake when the chocolate sauce sets a little bit more as its about an quarter of an inch thick, I cut out some of the middle of the cake and filled it with a lovely chocolate sauce, it's a practice run for a chocolate cake that I want to make for my youngest sons birthday..πŸ‘πŸ˜‹

26 Replies
β€’

True, very true 😏..I was just enjoying a nice slice of that cake, and it is so good..😊

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful 😁

Perfect
Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

This is a hat trick Happyman4 your bread looks amazing and your test cake is perfect so you all enjoy your baking it’s very impressive. 😊

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry, I very much enjoyed the day it was fun and very productive 😊

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

Chocolate cake looks delish πŸ˜‹ Well done happyman πŸ‘ Practice run is a good excuse to make cake 🀭 Any excuse is good to eat cake 😊

Enjoy πŸ™‚

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Best practice run ever 😁

Zara0123 profile image

I agree πŸ’•

No no, after my son's birthday I will definitely give it a rest on the cake making..maybe the occasional almond macaroons as a special treat, I don't want the weight to start creeping up on me again 😊

PandQs profile image
PandQs in reply to Happyman4

In a recent TV prog in UK, about changing eating habits, not sure whether it was to save money or eat healthier, they compared the ingredients in a shop bought cake against homemade. On all fronts, the consensus was if you are going to have a cake for a special occasion, better to bake one yourself - but they didn't say how many practices you're allowed 🀣 and they certainly can't have seen any of my past efforts!

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to PandQs

Am a hundred percent sure the ingredients I used are in the chocolate cake are much better then what I could buy here in pattaya. I used the best chocolate, olive oil as the chocolate will over power the taste, and reduced the sugar to a minimum but still keeping it sweet enough for the children to enjoy, it really was very delicious.Am leaving the birthday cake for my wife and eldest daughter to make as they want to do it 😁

I bet your a real dab hand in cake making and your just being modest πŸ˜‹

PandQs profile image
PandQs in reply to Happyman4

STOP IT! You're making me think about having a go at making one without a special occasion in sight 🀣

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to PandQs

You could make small one because there is no special occasion in sight..πŸ‘πŸ™‚Am wishing now a had a big slice of one right now, but not to worry my wife and daughter are making I big one tomorrow, I probably make a small one just for me with cherries and whipped cream inside πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Zara0123 profile image

I think home made cakes are best as they taste more real and I love that I can control how much sugar I use. I tend to put less then the recipe requires that way it's not over sweet and can be enjoyed better.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Your absolutely right about the sugar, I find even reducing it by have or more from what I see on the recipes we all still feel it still nice and sweet. The cake really was delicious 😊

It is now πŸ™‚

Baking done is your title and I must congratulate you on a job well done. πŸ‘The chocolate cake looks decadent.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

Thank you Imaaan, everything turned out perfect..a relaxing day, really enjoyed it 😊

yummy

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Nugger

Was it the chocolate cake πŸ˜‹

Nugger profile image
Nugger in reply to Happyman4

All of it, bet kitchen smelt heavenly!

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Nugger

Thanks Nugger, yes your absolutely right, it's an open plan kitchen so the whole of the ground floor smelled heavenly.. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

These look really good Happyman, especially the cake. πŸ™‚

The whole wheat bread was really good, but cake is what everyone enjoyed the most..for taste I think it was perfect πŸ™‚

Hi Happyman4,

Your chocolate cake looks lovely!

Hope you are able to make the ultimate chocolate cake! xx

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to TaurusLady

Thank you TaurusLady 😊..I will working on making the ultimate chocolate cake, probably forever πŸ™‚

You may also like...