Moussaka for evening meal. : My moussaka... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

56,808 members β€’ 8,270 posts

Moussaka for evening meal.

β€’26 Replies

My moussaka turned out beautifully as always πŸ˜‹.. my avocados ripened to perfection again in my aircon bedroom 😁..and the last of the wholemeal bread rolls we made today was perfect for mopping up all the juices ..you would think the plate had just came out the dish washer..😊

26 Replies
β€’
Zest profile image
Zest

Hi Hidden

Your meal looks really tasty, I love moussaka, and it's great that your avocados have turned out so well. Lovely wholemeal bread rolls too. Yum!

Zest :-)

in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, I found that keeping the the avocados in a room with a regular cool temperature they always ripen perfectly. The bread is really lovely and will be making it as our main homemade bread πŸ™‚

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra

Did you drizzle some dressing over your veggies? πŸ€”

in reply to Isinatra

I did Isinatra, just my usual olive oil and lemon juice, but I also mixed in some Feta cheese this time and that also added to the dressing 😊

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to

I thought you might have, they look so dewy. So pretty. Feta is one of my favorites. Sometimes I get the crumbled that has spices and herbs already in the cheese. πŸ˜‹

in reply to Isinatra

Yes I normally buy the one with herbs, I was going to make my own feta cheese but I still haven't got round to it yet. The salad was very tasty and all the vegetables and herbs were very fresh 😊

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to

Why am I not surprised that you’re going to make your own cheese.? 😁

in reply to Isinatra

😁

animefan94 profile image
animefan94

Avocado, love it on crackers or sandwiches.

in reply to animefan94

I mostly use them as part of a salad or make a Guacamole dip if they get a bit overripe, but yes I like them with almost everything or even just on their own 😊

animefan94 profile image
animefan94 in reply to

I love guacamole too 😊

in reply to animefan94

I think I will make some today as I have an avocado that will be perfect for it..πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Hi Happyman4,

This is beautiful and delicious as you cook with love for your family. πŸ˜‹πŸ‘

Thank you for sharing your lovely meals always! πŸ˜ŠπŸ™

in reply to GreatMindfulness

Thank you GreatMindfulness πŸ™‚ I love this beautiful dish, and your right it is made love and care..😊

GreatMindfulness profile image
GreatMindfulness in reply to

Definitely with care as I can see details in your dish and nicely presented on your plate!πŸ‘Œ

I have never tried moussaka and I looked it up they are eggplant or potatoes wrap with beef inside. As always your salad is gorgeous with every delicious and healthy ingredients in it along with your homemade bread. Enjoy your great efforts to deliver a beautiful, wholesome meal everyday! πŸ˜‡

in reply to GreatMindfulness

I much more prefer only vegetables in moussaka.. potatoes, courgette and aubergine.. maybe bell pepper and tomato, plus my own method of making and seasoning makes it justperfect..need I say more 😁

secrets22 profile image
secrets22

i just adore Moussaka....and yours looks yummy.

in reply to secrets22

Thank you secrets, 😊

Pebbles77 profile image
Pebbles77

That looks good. I did this Diet Doctor moussaka for 3 evenings this week dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-... Not exactly right for the hot weather but at least once it was done I didn't need to cook the other two evening, just heat it up. I added some extra veg in - peppers, mushrooms and spinach

in reply to Pebbles77

I normally add some pre cooked bell peppers into it, but yes you can add just about anything you like into it😊

Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersAdministrator

Absolutely perfect! This looks really professional and very delicous, the avocados look so fresh and I love they way you have cut and presented them

in reply to Kitten-whiskers

Thank you, I think it's one of the dishes that I do best, melts in your mouth and the flavours are amazing πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Nugger profile image
Nugger

Got loads of egg plants coming out of the garden & thought about making moussaka but instead I threw some in with the bolognese mixture & it was so good with cheese grated on top.As for ripening avocados, our trees have produced for the first time & read how they need to stay on the tree for several months to obtain sufficient oil content before picking & then only ripen once off the tree, can’t wait!

in reply to Nugger

I make bolognese for my kids as they love it, but never eat it myself, sounds nice with the eggplant, Yes I believe that true about the avocados, I have several family members that grow them in different parts of the world that I have visited and all say the same.

My favourite is the long ones with a small long seed, it's the only one I buy now as they always ripen beautifully and you get more fruit then seed for you money.. the trees I got are the ones that can get to nearly a kilo in weight that grows best in this part of the world.

Great yours now have fruit on themπŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Nugger profile image
Nugger in reply to

We get some from Mexico & they too have a very small seed, makes for a lot more flesh

in reply to Nugger

πŸ‘πŸ™‚

You may also like...