7am breakfast πŸ™‚: It's the same delicious... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,970 members β€’ 9,792 posts

7am breakfast πŸ™‚

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’24 Replies

It's the same delicious leek and potatoe soup that I cooked for yesterday's morning breakfast, all I had to do was microwave it for a couple of minutes while I went in the garden to pick some flat leaf coriander.

I had it with a toasted muffin that I cooked yesterday, it was delicious with butter and was perfect for dipping in the soup.

Beautiful way to start the day πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜Š

24 Replies
β€’

Decided that my wholemeal muffins were far more superior then the muffins I bought from the bakery the other day, and got on to make 20 of them yesterday and put them in the freezer as soon as they cooled down. I defrosted one this morning to have with my soup..they toast beautifully.

Am getting quite good at this..😁

Wholemeal muffins

Hi Happyman4,

Wow by now the soup must be so savory even more. πŸ˜‹πŸ‘

You used fresh coriander leaf this time. How does it taste differently than pennywort? πŸ€”

Perfection on muffins now. Enjoy!πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜

The soap I think tasted even sweeter then yesterday, am pretty sure it was the roasted carrot that gave it that sweetness..the flavour of the leeks come through beautifully and as I didn't blend the life out of them, the texture was very much to my liking. I mixed in the coriander just to try a different taste with it and loved it...I eat most of it just buy dipping in the toasted buttered muffin.

The soup really was a complete meal and I will make it again very soon..

My wife wants to make banana cakes today, so I will roast a carrot or two when she does, in preparation to add to leek and potatoe soup..😊

Perfect! Cooked carrots maximize the nutrients and bring out more the flavor of the soup. πŸ˜‹πŸ‘I usually treat leeks like green onions, put in the soup last step to preserve the texture too. So coriander leaf is a successπŸ˜πŸ‘ If it tastes so good I would make some more too.

Oh I did have gluten-free bagel today from the bagel place with smoked salmon so yummy πŸ˜‹ and will have sorbet dessert later on too.

Your wife is going to make awesome banana cake so lucky you! πŸ˜‡

Glad you enjoyed the smoked salmon bagel..my kids eat the other two with smoked salmon but no cream cheese yesterday, will definitely be buying them again..I might even look up a recipe on them and see if its cost effective to make them.😊

I think if you make them you can freeze to save for later too esp with kids they love bagels with everything. πŸ˜πŸ‘

Yummy πŸ˜‹ ☺️

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Hb2003

Thank you Hiba, it was yummy indeed 😊

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Happyman4

Your welcome πŸ™ ☺️

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Hb2003

πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Lunch today was something that my mother used to make and I have been making it myself for the last half century, and I always wonder that something so simple can have so much taste to it.Ingredients are, black eyed beans, courgette, spinach, olive oil, lemon juice and salt.

I cooked the beans separately and saved some in the fridge for tomorrow that I will either have on their own or with more fresh spinach. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Lunch..
Imaaan profile image
Imaaan in reply to Happyman4

Minimum ingredients but maximum taste

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

A humble meal for a humble man πŸ˜‹

Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersVegan star

Thats definately my kind of breakfast 😊 I so miss leek and potato soup

I'd forgotten how lovely it was, and now I will be making it a lot more often, perhaps tomorrow morning as I roasted a half a carrot when my wife used the oven to make some cakes.. I think the roasted carrot gave it that extra bit that I enjoyed..but I love it with or without the carrot..hope you make it soon πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Banana, strawberry and raspberry muffin.
Kitten-whiskersVegan star in reply to Happyman4

All sounds so wonderful, great idea adding a roasted carrot in. That muffin looks delicious as well. Sadly I can not tolerate leek anymore due to my IBS

Sorry about that KittenKitten-whiskers, πŸ™

All the lovely foods I loved as well like onion, garlic, apples - the list is endless really, the healthier I eat the worse the pain but never mind, it could be worse

😁

I've said that a few times myself 😁

😁

What a comforting and creamy looking soup

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

It is very much as you say Imaaan, I got this one to perfection, am making some more in the morning, I did find it very comforting, like there was only me and my soup for a while πŸ€—

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi Happyman4

That leek and potato soup looks really yummy.

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, it was absolutely gorgeous 😊

You may also like...