Bread for lunch..πŸ™‚: After all the talk... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,269 members β€’ 9,623 posts

Bread for lunch..πŸ™‚

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’31 Replies

After all the talk yesterday on Cooper27 post on sandwiches, I took myself this morning to the best bakery in pattaya , if not the whole of Thailand and bought myself the 5 loaf's .

Freshly made sourdough bread with olives that my children love toasted with butter, and sourdough bread with walnuts that I love to have toasted with butter...

A plain sourdough loaf for the occasional sandwich.

As luck would have it they now introduced some amazing freshly baked bagels that I bought one of each to try..and they also introduced English muffins that looked amazing and looked like nothing like I've ever seen before, I bought 2 just to try..

I made myself a toasted sesame seeds bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese, I put a little crisp bok choy in it also and had it some fresh spinach leaves..very very enjoyable with a large glass of ice cold soda water with lime juice πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

31 Replies
β€’

A fantastic looking bagel sandwich and I'm sure it was delicious to gobble up.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

It is a beauty n'it 😊 I did take my time eating though as it's one of my favourite all time foods. There's some very famous bagel shops in brick lane London that I used buy from whenever visited or stayed with a friend that lived and worked in the market there.

These bagels I bought today are really first class. πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

I love fresh bagels but we can't get them where we live unfortunately. Yours looks delicious Happyman. πŸ™‚

I tried the ones you can get on some supermarkets shelves and they were inedible, its only today that this bakery has started making them, and they really are perfect as is all the breads..so yes I was very pleased to see them and very tasty they are to..πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

There used to be a bakery here where they baked them on the premises and they were soooo good, but it closed down a few years ago and no-one else took it on so it's just the basic bakers shops now and they don't make bagels. Shame.

That's a shame really as there not that easy to make. Maybe they will make them again if you asked them..Up until now the only place you could get a good bagel like this was in a very expensive cafe, so it was a real treat for me ..keep fingers crossed πŸ™‚

Happyman you are blessed. Your enjoying all that lovely home grown fruit and veg from your garden and your traditional food and your also enjoy our English breads and bagels and muffins. You are a lucky man 😊

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Thank you Zara, and you are absolutely right in everything you said..πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

We had egg sandwiches for lunch here today and then a chicken stew with the chicken left from yesterday.

Egg sandwich is nice Catgirl, do you have any salad with it or mayonnaise. I like to mash the eggs with a little mayonnaise, loved it with watercress ..

Your chicken stew sounds nice..πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

What a delicious and wholesome lunch you created Happyman4! πŸ˜‹πŸ‘I love sesame seeds in everything 😁 and what a genius idea to add bok choy in it…perfect! πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜Š

Thank you GreatMindfulness, I really enjoyed it very much, especially as it's been a very long time since I had good quality bagel. I made a lovely leek and potatoe soup early this morning and I will post it a bit later, we got the washing machine repair people in at the moment and they keep put in the wrong parts 😁

You’re always welcome! We have this famous bagel place called Bagel Einstein and they make fresh delicious ones with limited quantities. Just like you, I haven’t had one for long time and I didn’t pay attention if they have gluten-free one πŸ€”

I’m glad you enjoyed your bagel so much and yours make me want to pay a visit there tomorrow πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

Ayeee home appliances preparing is such a pain right? Sometimes I feel like why should we pay for them to come fix, not a good job either when we can look up YouTube ourselves and do it πŸ€”I hope you got everything done as you expect it by now! πŸ˜πŸ‘

One time I couldn’t have repairman come soon enough to replace the connector from the flush handle and toilet water tank, I just looked up YouTube and went to Homedepot and I just fixed it myself. Save money and don’t have to wait. πŸ˜‚

By the time I posted to you and went out to see how they were getting on they changed the 2 main parts and it was still the same..they gone to get a pickup truck to take to their workshop..☹Will have to have a rethink about it all if it's worth fixing or buy a new one..😭

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that but I understand things can be out of order sometimes. πŸ™ Hmmm I’m thinking maybe let them fix because I am guessing you had to pay them already right? You can’t get a refund now as they worked on it. Well, Once it’s fixed, to avoid future hectics, can you sell it as second hand one and put some money in buying a new one? πŸ€”

No worries, it will come back as new and they are very responsible with their prices, my just reminded me that they took it away 3 years ago just for 3 days. They work for the manufacturers of the machine so they have to do a good job..We are a large family and that machine does get a lot of use..

Back to food...😊

Great! I hope everything works out just fine for you. πŸ€— I’ll look out for your upcoming food creation post! πŸ˜‹πŸ‘

πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Hey your toasted bagel does look good. 😊

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry, it was delicious and am delighted that the bakery I use is now making them..but I think my muffins are far better then there's, at least that what my kids tell me..and they know best.

Half of what made todayπŸ™‚
Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Happyman4

Hey Happyman4 I think that your children are quite right as you cant beat home made and we all know you can handle yourself in the kitchen. πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

That looks awesome smoked salmon and cream cheese is one of my favourites and not had it for ages need to experiment now to see what that would be like on whole meal sourdough bread.From my local bakers. You can not beat freshly made bread rather than the rubbery stuff from supermarkets πŸ€ͺ enjoy (I’ve got sandwich envy now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to gasp1

Made me smile gasp1..thanks 😊

Cooper27 profile image
Cooper27Administrator

This looks really tasty!

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Cooper27

I eat it very slowly and enjoyed every minute of it..its been a long time since I eat bagels that good..☝️😊

the bagel sounds amazing nothing like freshly baked bread we don't have anything like that here

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to fib4

Sorry about that fib4, have you look on the net, perhaps you may find something near you on there, always worth giving it a tryπŸ™‚

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to Happyman4

we have places that make bread and bagels but unfortunately they buy it already made and just bake it nothing home made there LOL!!!!!

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi Happyman4

Your lunch looks soooo tasty.

I was also inspired by Cooper27's post about bread, and had a delicious sandwich for my lunch today as well. I will put a photo here of my sandwich here too.

Zest :-)

Beef & Tomato Sandwich (wholemeal bread). Delicious!
Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

Thanks for posting it Zest, it looks delicious and am tempted to make the same tomorrow for lunch.. I love it πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

You may also like...