Breakfast this morning. : Oyster omelette... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,971 members β€’ 9,793 posts

Breakfast this morning.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’20 Replies

Oyster omelette with bean sprouts.

3 eggs, 100g of fresh oysters and a handful of bean sprouts, one tablespoon of olive. Served with some sweet chilli sauce.

The juices from the oysters and the bean sprouts make the omelette very soft and the sweet chilli sauce complements it beautifully.

This was my one, I made my wife's separate as she likes the bean sprouts more soft.πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

20 Replies
β€’

Wife's one the bean sprouts are lightly cooked.

Oyster omelette.

Hi Happyman4,

This is such a wholesome and delicious breakfast you and your family have. πŸ˜‹πŸ‘

I’m sure this will keep you full and satisfied all morning. I’d love to have lunch/brunch like this as I don’t eat breakfast that often.

I like soft bean sprouts in an omelette too.

That’s a great start of your day! πŸ˜πŸ‘

Actually on thinking about it, I think I prefer the bean sprouts a little more soft..😁

Good morning HM or afternoon for you I mean think 3 for you now 1o.2o morning here, your breakfast looks lovely I do eat beansprouts a lot there very healthy something in the bean sprout on end special goodness I used to nibble raw then found out you need to cook them strange and shame as there very easy to eat crunch but easy to eat,I have never tried oysters, I tried the sweet chilli sauce as you know in a salmon dish I just liked a bit,I sometimes make my own beansprout pancakes rolls with egg flour water mix, cook beansprouts and pancake then roll up with added things like spring onion soy sauce anything you want I guess oysters, for my breakfast I had a vegetarian sasage and tomato sandwhich on not so healthy white bread I'm getting some uncut wholemeal today I've had good few weeks on the white lol enjoy rest of your day I'll post my meat pie later with mam's healthy pastry made from.cold pressed rapseed oil low in saturated fat unlike animal fat and Marge or butter the usual way to make pastry πŸ€—πŸŒ„I'll look it up again about uncooked beansprouts never did me any harm either πŸ€”

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to

I will be looking for you meat Mandy, with your mum's healthy pastry 😊I have to admit that my breakfast might seem a bit alien to a lot of people, but to me it's a dream breakfast.

Your bean sprouts pancake rolls sounds delicious as well Mandy, you was saying that you work as a cook before, was it on the ship? I was in the merchant navy when I was 17, I was a sailor but whenever I had free time when out at sea I always helped the cook and I learned a lot from him..plus it had its perks. When we dock the cook never saw me..to busy exploring the sights πŸ‘πŸ˜

in reply to Happyman4

Hi no it was the ship Inn lol a public house I cooked steaks and bar meals fast food there was quite selection on the menu but most of it went on a big steel flat grill think I also worked as a cook in a residential home for 2o elderly people cooking pastry and old fashioned cooking like stu and dumplings crumble and Shepard's pie only on a weekend when there was no kitchen assistant so I had to wash up myself was it frozen things like scampi I used to live the Friday shift doing hand battered fish n chips cod I was nibbling all the time there no wonder my cholestrol went up as the pastry wasn't healthy there I used to do the meat joints in a roasting dish with some water and foil on then the beef etc was never dry and they could chew it easier we just been in park Im back home mam's made the pastry were having tea about 4 have a good evening πŸ€—πŸ˜ΊπŸŒ›

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to

πŸ‘πŸ˜

in reply to Happyman4

I looked it up it's the beansprout ends can have bacteria in so should be cooked I hope you look it up can cause e coli it mentioned vulnerable people so I guess that's why we have been ok πŸ€—πŸ€”

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to

I didn't know that, but I do wash them as I do all veg thoroughly, I mostly use the bean sprouts for soups..but thanks for the heads up Mandy 😊

Looks delicious πŸ˜‹ ☺️

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Hb2003

Thank you Hiba..πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Happyman4

Your welcome πŸ™

Your breakfast is a powerful one-two punch of protein and flavor to start your day strong πŸ’ͺπŸ₯Š

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

Thank you Imaaan, it was a delightful and very tasty way to start a nice relaxing Sunday morning ..really lovely 😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi Happyman4

Your Oyster omelette with bean sprouts looks really interesting. I imagine it tasted very good.

Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

It's a Thai dish that we often ordered from a restaurant when went to the beach , I like to make it without the corn /rice starch that they add to the eggs, I think its much tasty as you can taste the eggs..😊

I've been wanting to try oysters can't find where to get them

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to BJ2020

I used to be able to find them live sometimes in a well known Chinese supermarket in London, but I can't remember seeing them for sale anywhere else. I think because there not easy to open that its mainly a restaurant food.My local fish market and my supermarket sell them them live and freshly shelled in brine..so they are available all year round..

BJ2020 profile image
BJ2020 in reply to Happyman4

Thank you. I'll check my nearest in Leeds

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to BJ2020

πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

You may also like...