Something different for tea.: Late lunch... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,894 members9,764 posts

Something different for tea.

Happyman4 profile image

Late lunch/early evening meal.

Chicken and mushrooms in a creamy white sauce..with brown fragrant ( jasmine ) rice.

It's probably one of the most tastiest meals I've cooked..

Using leftovers roast chicken from yesterday that was cooked to perfection..I made the sauce using olive oil, one medium sized onion, a big handful of delicious soft straw mushrooms, full fat milk and whipping cream, homemade chicken stock, nutmeg, salt and pepper.

I use whole wheat flour to thicken the sauce and added a few spring onions when the sauce was finished.

Result was an outstanding tasty dish that i enjoyed so much, you just can't get better then this when it comes to top quality food.

19 Replies

It sounds very nice Happyman. 😊

It was very nice, the photo doesn't do it justice because I used the whole wheat flour to thicken the sauce but the taste was delicious 😊

That's the most important part Happyman. 👍

Let me take the words out of yo mouth and say it looks 'outstanding' and I'll add you 'outdid' yo'self.

Your dish has the perfect amount of creaminess, not to much that it would look too soggy and not too little that it would be dry like the Sahara desert.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

It would have look more creamy if I had used the plain white flour, but I thought I'd try it with the whole wheat flour as its more healthy due to its fibre, and I wasn't disappointed as it had the creaminess and it had a lovely texture with that the whole wheat flour gave it..I was very happy with it, my youngest son had two had two bowls full and asked if I would make it again..😊

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

Looks delicious happyman. It's the sauce that does the magic. Imaaan is right. Just the right amount of sauce on the chicken. Please would you share your roast chicken recipe if its not too much trouble. Thank you for sharing your delicious meal with us 😋🥰

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

The sauce was really worked out well with the whole wheat flour for taste and texture for me, It perhaps doesn't look as good as it does with using the white refined flour like people are used to using, but for home cooking its lovely.

We all love roast chicken, and for me it's especially nice as it's one of the most easiest things to cook for a family.. I have the oven temperature at about 180, and keep an eye on it and check that its cooked through by cutting the skin between the thigh and breast. I can not eat chicken if it's over cooked so for me it's just right when I cut the skin a little bit the juices run clear and there is no sign of pinkish there.

I sometimes put a little olive oil and salt on top of the chicken when I put it the oven..that's it really 👍😊

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

Ok so a really simple and easy way to roast chicken which is nice and easy and tasty just by using 2 ingredients. Thats great. Thank you for the recipe happyman. I will give this recipe a try😋 🥰

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

👍👌😊

Hi Happyman4,

That’s such a wholesome dinner you have and I’m glad you perfected it to your best tastebuds. 😋👍

Love straw mushrooms you added in your dish.

I can’t wait to see your next food post as they all are inspiring to me. 😁👍

Thank you GreatMindfulness, I think using the whole wheat flour to thicken it with work out really good, I will definitely cook it again in the exactly the same way..loved it.😊

You’re welcome. 🤗When you figured exactly the right amount of spice, sauce, everything ingredients that go in your dish, then you just made your signature dish now! 😋👍

Great idea, I would think it works really well 👍🙂

Hi Happyman!Your meal inspired me to make something similar except with pasta. Chicken, mushroom in a white creamy sauce with some basil and pasta. It was very light and very tasty.

Thanks for sharing your post!

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to happytulip

It sounds like my favourite Italian pasta dish that i love, very very tasty 😊

happytulip profile image
happytulip in reply to Happyman4

My mum makes a similar chicken, mushroom and white sauce combo but adds leeks. Then she twists and screws up filo pastry on top and makes it into a fancy looking pie which is very light. And it looks very impressive too. Getting hungry thinking about it all!😂

Happyman4 profile image

Lol, it's 6am, just got up after a very heavy night's sleep due to a sleep pill. Haven't even taken a sip of tea yet and am thinking, Pasta in White Sauce 😁

happytulip profile image
happytulip in reply to Happyman4

Good morning! Enjoy your day! It's 0:24 here and I can't sleep. But I should try.

I look forward to seeing your creations later today 😁🌷

Happyman4 profile image

I busy looking at creamy pasta dishes on YouTube now, maybe something to with seafood 😊Don't worry about sleeping, it will happen when it happens..I had to take a sleeping last night as I really needed the sleep..have a lot of things to do today fixing up the children new computers, desks and beds..

Sleep good when you do sleep 👍😊

You may also like...