Evening meal. : Very simple evening meal... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,894 members β€’ 9,764 posts

Evening meal.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’37 Replies

Very simple evening meal tonight, marinated chicken wings in garlic and ginger paste, soya sauce and corn starch. Small waxy potatoes chips with skins on and a beautiful veg and herb salad with olive and lemon juice.. simple and perfect 😊

A little Japanese mayonnaise was lovely with the chicken and the chips 😊

37 Replies
β€’

Looks delicious πŸ˜‹ ☺️ I could eat this in a heartbeat ☺️ if the chicken is halal ❀️

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Hb2003

It was delicious Hiba, thank you, I enjoyed it very much πŸ‘πŸ˜‹

Your evening meal would entice others to mangia mangia mangia.

I used the same ingredients and a few others except the ginger paste to make sweet and sour chicken in the past.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

Now you me thinking sweet and sour pork, chicken, prawns..I used to make that a lot before, pineapple, red and green bell peppers. It was my first experience of Chinese food when I was 15 and working for a burglar alarm company as an apprentice, we traveled around England and stay in guests houses. The boss always treated me to a Chinese meal. I will have to make it soon.😁

Imaaan profile image
Imaaan in reply to Happyman4

If you post a sweet n sour chicken/ prawn, I'll virtually wolf it down and whistle real hard.

Crime fighting whilst eating delicious Chinese food at 15 must have been an interesting time in your life.

Happyman4 profile image

Yes it t was a very interesting time of my life, it was my first taste of travelling, a year or so after that I joined the Greek merchant navy and got paid for seeing the world, that was very very interesting 😁

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Imaaan

I love Chinese food too. Happyman has lived a very interesting life. Behind that innocent face there are lots of untold stories 🀨🧐

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

πŸ˜‡

Imaaan profile image
Imaaan in reply to Zara0123

The twinkle in his eye maybe hiding some mischievous happy days :)

Happyman4 profile image

The perfect blend to life has to have a bit of mischievous in each and every day πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘

Awesome meal! Looks very balanced πŸ‘Œyou had me right away with the chicken πŸ—

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Kainan_li

It was very tasty, I had a couple more pieces then in the photo, 😊

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

You were just being polite by showing us a well portioned plate 😁

Happyman4 profile image

There was a couple more pieces of chicken and some salad left, I couldn't let it go to waste, and my youngest daughter took most of my chips, so I had to make for the lost nutrition 😁

Zara0123 profile image

That was nice of you to give your chips to your daughter 😊. Children love chips and could have chips every day.You deserved the spare pieces of chicken to make up for your loss of your yummy chips πŸ—

Happyman4 profile image

If I were to be honest, I didn't give willingly 😁

What ingredients did you use in the Japanese mayonnaise Happyman, did you use cider vinegar?πŸ™‚

It was shop bought, I really got a taste for it when we was stranded in Cambodia for ten months and I couldn't find the real one. I only just bought this one a few days ago, it is very niceπŸ™‚

Zara0123 profile image

What's the difference in taste of the Japanese mayo compared to the normal mayo?

Happyman4 profile image

It's a bit more sharp, but it also comes in a more sweet version that I don't like and I haven't seen it in Thailand anyway. They do a very nice salad cream as well.πŸ™‚

Zara0123 profile image

There's a lot of different varieties of Mayonnaise you can get here in the UK. I've had the chilli mayo but I prefer the original the most.

Happyman4 profile image

In the past I would only buy Hellmens mayonnaise, but l guess I was missing Cambodia a bit and bought it for the sentimental value, and because it's not to bad..😁

Your meal looks delicious happyman πŸ˜‹You must have really enjoyed it. Love chicken, So do my family πŸ₯°

Happyman4 profile image

Thank you Zara, we all had the same thing tonight, my kids love the chicken wings cooked liked this, and loved the chips to😊

Zara0123 profile image

Can't go wrong with chips as chips go with everything. As a kid we had fish and chips on a Friday. Didn't imagine we'd ever eat chips with indian meals. Nowadays when we order food or go out for a meal we can't start the meal without ordering chips/ fries.

πŸ₯” 🍟πŸ₯‘πŸœπŸ—

Happyman4 profile image

Chips go very nicely with Indian food, me and the boys just spent 3 months in India, Goa, chips seem to be more popular than ever..we stuck to the delicious flat breads mostly..we was going to go back for another 3 months but covid came and we had to stay in Cambodia for the next 10 months.. we go to enjoy it there and left just when covid started to get very bad there.I forgot was we talking about chips..😁

Zara0123 profile image

Wow you've lived in many places. You are lucky. I would love to experience the life of living in different countries. Is it work that took you to India or just a holiday πŸ₯°

Happyman4 profile image

Neither of them, I live in Thailand but something went wrong with my visa, we went travelling to different countries until it got sorted out..having a wonderful time until ofcourse covid put a stop on travelling. Not to worry we home now and very happy for it..😊

Zara0123 profile image

That's good. At least you got to travel and stay in India and enjoyed the food till your Visa was sorted. Yes home is where the comfort is. No place like home 🏠 😊

BTCCET profile image
BTCCET in reply to Zara0123

Mmmm chips and curry sauce, all my kids love it and so do I! πŸ˜‹

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to BTCCET

Yes they go very nicely together..It's just turned into Sunday now, time for πŸ’€

Zara0123 profile image

Good night. Sleep well πŸ’€ 😴

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to BTCCET

The two go well πŸ˜‹

This looks very tasty Happyman and I love garlic and lots of it. 😊

There was lots of garlic, you can't go wrong with garlic in a marinade. I love lots of crashed garlic in yogurt with cucumber and mint, I made a big bowl of it early morning and eat it through out the day with olive bread, I was very busy today so it was very handy, refreshing and delicious 😊

πŸ˜‹

πŸ‘πŸ˜‹

You may also like...