Evening meal. : I actually do eat a variety... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,268 members9,623 posts

Evening meal.

Happyman4 profile image

I actually do eat a variety of different fruits throughout the day, today I just put a few of them on a plate with some cheddar cheese for my evening meal, and it made I very nice refreshing change.

76 Replies

Looks delicious 😋 ☺️

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Hb2003

It was Hiba, a very nice combination, every one should try caviar with fresh sweet fruit 👍

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Happyman4

My dad tried caviar 😄 it’s super expensive in the US 😞

BTCCET profile image
BTCCET in reply to Hb2003

I've never tried it Hiba, but I know that it's super expensive in the UK as well😱🤗

PixiesMummy_ profile image
PixiesMummy_ in reply to BTCCET

Oh no 🤮it's whales eggs 🤮😂🙋

No true caviar is the roe of the Russian Sturgeon fish. Personally not for me.

It doesn't seem right like it's not food it's eggs but not like eating boiled eggs 😂🤮🙋

How do they get them.out anyway poor fish bet it's cruel ☹️

Theres a cheap version of caviar sold in supermarkets. I believe its called 'lump fish' caviar. Around £2.30 for 50g. Salmon caviar is also available but costs twice as much. 50g of real caviar will set you back around £50.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to philaustin

The one I bought only cost £6 for 50g, I had caviar from the sturgeon fish many times in the past, and the only difference is that this one is just a little bit more salty, but still very delicious.. I have eaten salmon roe and I didn't pertinently like it.

Happyman4 profile image

It's expensive, but it's well worth it as a treat sometimes and it's not something you can eat a lot of in one go. Lovely taste. 😊

PixiesMummy_ profile image
PixiesMummy_ in reply to Hb2003

You can try it with chocolate 🤮😂🙋

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Happyman4

So that’s caviar on the bottom? The few times I’ve seen it, it was black. I was too young to appreciate the taste. Would love to taste it again some day. Lovely…❤️🏄‍♀️

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Isinatra

It's on top of the cut pear, black in colour at the top of the plate. At the bottom is the passion fruit. I sometimes buy the red one, I have to go to the shop today to buy more Cod, my children want more fish and chips and they like the Cod, so I will buy the red one from there..

Give it a try again, it is salty but in a very nice way..😊

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Happyman4

Oh! That’s the ticket! 😁

I sometimes eat fruit if I feel like it 😃

Happyman4 profile image

I believe that fresh fruit is very nutritious and healthy for you, plus its delicious, there's an abundance of fresh fruit in Thailand all year round so we lucky for that😊

Hb2003 profile image

That’s nice 😊 in Algeria we have fresh figs so heavenly good

Happyman4 profile image

Now your talking exotic delicious fruit that I adore. Am not sure what my mother said where I was born, under the fig tree or the olive tree, I know it wasn't in a manger 😇

Hb2003 profile image

I think the Fig tree ☺️

Happyman4 profile image

Am pretty sure it was, I love the fruit so much, and the smell of the fig tree kind of makes you feel humble and relaxed. I used to have about 20 fig trees of 5 different in pots..now I have one in a small pot, I not sure what variety it is, as it's in poor condition..but am hoping to save it and take cuttings from it.🙂

Hb2003 profile image

I agree ☺️ Hopefully you can save it 🙏 that’s nice

Imaaan profile image
Imaaan in reply to Happyman4

Not a mango tree? :)

The variety of fruits on your plate has me green eyed with envy...lol

Lucky you for living in a climate that produces exotic fruits

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

I do love the mango trees and the many varieties they come in, the jackfruit, rose apple, and the many more that grow in Thailand, but the fig tree and it's fruit are something I was born with. I used to have quite a collection of them in pots, when I had Thai people come to my house they were taken back with the smell of the trees.

Imaaan profile image

Smelling the fragrance emitted by all of your plants on a daily basis must bring you endless happiness. I think surely that is why you refer to yourself as happyman?

Happyman4 profile image

I seem to remember trying to think of a name and smiling when the happyman to mind. I think I must of just been looking around me and thinking, no matter what! Am a happyman 😁

Imaaan profile image

I was being cheeky when I said that you're probably happy because of your plants. I do appreciate your explanation behind how you ended up naming yourself though. :)

Happyman4 profile image

Cheeky you 🤭

Hb2003 profile image

I agree

Wow Happyman4 all this fruit looks delicious and refreshing 😋

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to BTCCET

It was nice to have a ready to eat meal without doing anything, I enjoyed very much 😊

Now that's a meal to be envied Happyman, delicious and very nutritious and presented really well. 😊

Thank you springcross, I did prepare it all myself and took particular care on the presentation 😁

It looks really good and the cheddar will compliment it just lovely. 🤗

Cheddar cheese with sweet grapes or apples and pears is lovely, it made a very pleasant change to evening cooked meals 🙂

I used to love cheese and apple, I have never tried it with pears or grapes but it's now on my list. I do have to be careful as I am intolerant to dairy but do push it from time to time. 😋

Cheese with sweet grapes has always been my favourite choice, but as we keep saying everything in moderation 👍

Very true. 😊

animefan94 profile image
animefan94 in reply to Happyman4

Cheese with grapes is SO good 😋 🤤

BTCCET profile image
BTCCET in reply to springcross

Cheese and grapes and cheese and pineapple 😋🍇🍍

springcross profile image
springcross in reply to BTCCET

I have had cheese and pineapple (no climbing involved😆) many years ago but grapes is one to try also with pears, that would be something new for me. 😋

Looking wonderful Happyman4 😋👍I love passion fruits and kiwis, can eat 10 of them at a time 😂 I do add them into my juice sometimes too. 😁❤️

Thank you GreatMindfulness, I sometimes drink the orange and pineapple that you add water to, and I add one or two passion fruits to it, its really lovely with lots of ice. The kiwi gold, I like to eat one or two. But that's one or two a couple of time a day. 😊

Yes that’s a great recipe for juice drinks, I add water in too. So refreshing with ice😁👍Yes the golden kiwis are so delicious 😋

Looks both refreshing and tasty!

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to animefan94

Thank you animefan, it was perfect, just what I needed 🙂

Wish I could have something like this & find it filling. Otherwise I'd wake up in the middle of the night famished unable to get back to sleep.

I suffer from insomnia, so it doesn't matter what I eat, I still only sleep a few hours at a time. Am not normally hungry though when I wake up, only needing a drink of ice cold water that i keep near me. I do know what you mean though 🙂

My ex had sleep apnea - and that was a nightmare. Hope you manage.

Thank you.

Hi that's really nice I'm just having black grapes after my toast with avacado had 2 much this week usually have with tin mandarins I've got digestion issues and trigiminal nuralgia apples and crunchy food set it off and end up with head ache 🙄so have to go easy on things like apple can only eat grated then cooked in microwave I lost my munching teeth at back exept 2 and they don't line up and my tum is a bit sore at moment must chew these grapes up,they have something in skin that lowers cholestrol I like them in merlot wine best 😂 just getting ready for car boot n market I'm.running late been raining not sure it be on 🤔🙋

🥑

Hope you enjoyed yourself at the car boot market 🙂 I used to love going to them 😊

There was only 2 stalls I got these they come back Freshers can't spell it bulbs 😁I love yellow n lilac together

💐

Wow, they look very beautiful, I wish I could remember their name. I would love to have them in a vase on my kitchen table 😊

I've posted how to get 13 a day 😁🙋

Thank you, I saw it and your doing well to get in so much, I think I probably do half that much on a good day 😊

I have fruit most mornings for breakfast. I chop an apple, a satsuma or a banana up. I then add five soft Apricots (Aldi are lovely), supposed to improve memory!! I like about half a dozen half walnuts on top. The whole thing is mixed with a couple of spoonfuls of plain Quark, this is a soft but fat free cheese and adds protein. We often have a few grapes with bit of cheese (again reduced fat) as our dessert after evening dinner.

Sounds really good kitchengardener, I haven't heard of Quark before, so I will have to look it up and see if they have it in one of the supermarkets I use..I like trying new things, special when it comes to cheeses. Grapes is what I would normally eat the most with cheese, but they have to be nice and sweet. 😊

It is usually where the soft cream cheeses are. I shop at Sainsbury's and Aldi, sometimes Morrison's and they all stock it.

Cheese tub

I guess the apples are imported ?

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Nugger

Yes most all the apples and pears, along with other fruits that don't grow very well in Thailand are imported.We just had the new season of my favourite pears come in to our supermarket so am making the best of it.

This is the two varieties of pears in my post, I forgot the names of them, but they are absolutely beautiful.

Pears in post.
Nugger profile image
Nugger in reply to Happyman4

Conference & Bartlett by the looks, o would think the grapes imported too ?The only grapes they grow here in north Florida are muscadines & can’t stand them, we are supposed to be able to grow apples of a certain variety with low chill hrs, pears grow ok & peaches too

Happyman4 profile image

Bosc pear on the left and Williams pear on the right, am not sure where they are imported from, probably Australia. The Bosc pear does look very much the same and taste the same as the conference pear that is very popular in the UK, they might be the same but a different name.

Your doing okay if you grow peaches and pears, I'd be happy with that.

Nugger profile image
Nugger in reply to Happyman4

Peaches, pairs,grapefruit, navel blood orange, 3 kinds of tangerines, kumquat, avocado, mango, banana. Persimmons & not to forget vanilla

Happyman4 profile image

I know your very keen on your gardening and growing fruits, I personally would love to see some of them, and am sure others would also. Be nice if you posted a few of the fruits that you grow 👍

Love your fruit bowl 🍓🍉🍒🥝🍇

Looks delish 🥰

I love a variety of fruits too. I add grapes to my salad too which makes the salad taste great. Not forgetting a big dollop of shop bought Mayo or some other dressing.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zara0123

Thank you Zara, I do love the shop bought real mayonnaise myself, I make my own as well but it's so much more convenient just to buy it, and I think it's even better then what I can make😊

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Happyman4

Yes I agree and even though it's a little fattening. Everything in moderation is good I believe. And it tastes great also with salad. As a busy mum caring for my families needs are more important so I cheat a little and buy the shop bought one 😊. I believe it's fine.Thank you for your reply. Always look forward to your post 💕 Hope you have a great day 🥰

BTCCET profile image
BTCCET in reply to Zara0123

Nothing as good as the H mayo👍

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to BTCCET

H mayo is the best. Great with everything 😋👍

Imaaan profile image
Imaaan in reply to Zara0123

Babgurl, live your best life cuz a big dollop here and there never hurt nobody. ;)

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Imaaan

That's what I believe 😘

Grapes are really versatile and can be enjoyed with lots of different food 🙂Your porridge sounds delicious with grapes and I love mangoes too

😊 🥭 🍇

I'm sure it does. Healthy and tasty 🙂

love ly display of healthy eating,no wonder your named happyman ,enjoy!! no

Thank you goldieoldie, 👍😊

You may also like...