Evening meal. : A dish that is very much... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,894 members β€’ 9,764 posts

Evening meal.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’19 Replies

A dish that is very much loved throughout the middle east, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus and I suspect other parts of the world is bulgur wheat stuffed with savory meat.

The Greek name for them is Koupes, and Kibbeh in the middle eastern countries.

I used beef mince to make these, but you can use any meat of your choice.

Whenever I went to my favourite continental shop in London to buy some of my favourite foods, I always bought 2 of the chicken and 2 of the beef to eat on my drive back home.

In my mum's home we would mostly eat them as finger food and squeeze a bit of lemon juice on them..but as my salad already has lots of olive oil and lemon juice I didn't really to need to squeeze it on them.

There a perfect choice for picnics or for snacks at home.

The salad was delicious made mostly of bok choy and water spinach leaves. Some herbs from the garden, onion, tomato, coriander, celery, cucumber.

I really enjoyed my evening meal 😊

19 Replies
β€’

I made 25 of them thinking there be plenty left for tomorrow, I put a couple in a container and hid them in the fridge..my youngest son asked me if I would make some tomorrow..😁

They look delicious Happyman. 😊

Thank you springcross, they take a bit of time to do, but they are well worth it 😊

Everything looks spectacular and I'm sure it was bursting with tasty flavors. I would add my mama's hot sauce to your meal and it would be a chef's kiss. She blends tamarind, hot peppers, garlic, onions, tomatoes, cilantro,salt and lime together and voila you get a mouthwatering dip.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

Thank you Imaaan, its definitely a very tasty food, and very popular in the counties I mentioned..if some one was to make them for me I could eat them all day.Your mother dip sounds very similar to some of the dips my wife makes.

Tamarind with its sweetness blends in very well with chillies, and the other ingredients are also used in many of the Thai dips. I will mention it to my wife tomorrow, we always have both the sweet and the sour tamarind in the house.

But it's the quantity of each of the ingredients that makes it special..😊

Hi Happyman4, your dish looks amazing! πŸ˜‹Your salad is so healthy and delicious. I tried Kibbeh before when I was still consuming meat, they are very scrumptious! πŸ‘

Enjoy the rest of your day with your family! πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸŒΊ

Thank you GreatMindfulness, I really enjoyed my evening meal very much, the plan is to make some more today, am also enjoying my salads more now that am using a certain mixture of herbs vegetables. Day just started and my youngest son has got up to get me start making a pond for the frogs that I said I would do for him yesterday, it's 6am now 😁

Salads rule πŸ˜‹πŸ‘ You always make your salads so rich that it’s hard not to find them delicious. What a lucky boy! You are going to create a frog pond! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ I’m curious what it looks like the final product! πŸ˜‡

I have to do something for him, I was going to make a small pond for some herbs that grow in water that I like, I'll try and get away that for him 😊

You can always make both: herbs pond and 🐸 pond! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘

Good idea πŸ‘I will start planning something today and hopefully get it done by the weekend.I gotten to like this herb that grows in water but the container my wife used for it let's out the water.

Water herb.

Ooohhhh it’s called β€œRice Paddy Herb” (Ngo Om). We consume them in many different types of rice noodle soups! πŸ˜‹πŸ‘

Yes you are right, my wife has always said the name in Thai, I only eat it as it is. There was some water spinach in the salad, I used the one that grows in the rice paddies, it has a much thicker stem and perfect for a salads. 😊

Go for it Happyman4! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘

πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜Š

that really does look wonderful.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to secrets22

Thank you secret22, I was delighted that they turned out so good and everyone enjoyed them so much.I really enjoyed my evening meal 😊

That looks really tasty!

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Midori

Thank you Midori, it really was very tasty, everyone enjoyed it very much 😊Hope your keeping well πŸ™‚

You may also like...