Bread and ricotta pastries. : Forget to put... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,971 members β€’ 9,793 posts

Bread and ricotta pastries.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’19 Replies

Forget to put the yeast in the bread dough, but as I had used wholemeal self raising flour it came out okay and it tasted very nice with butter on it.

The ricotta cheese pastries is something that my mum and sisters used to make and I really missed them very much.

I made the pastries with homemade filo pastry and ricotta cheese.

Using some ricotta I added some cinnamon powder and some coconut flower syrup instead of sugar.

Mixed it really well together, roll the filo pastry very thin and and add the ricotta to make any size pastries.

Deep fry until golden brown.

Leave to cool down and add a little icing sugar on top.

I eat quite a lot of them, so I didn't have lunch or dinner, just a lot of water and a very happy day.

Now what to do with the rest of the ricotta, I made far to much I think.

Spinach and risotto pies maybe is one idea.

Any suggestions would be welcome 😊

Now to see if I can download a photo on a reply πŸ€”

19 Replies
β€’

Hope you like it 😊

Homemade ricotta pastries and wholemeal bread

They look very nice Happyman and are making me feel hungry. 😊

Thank you springcross, they were really nice, and I very much enjoyed making them as much as eating them. 😊

Lovely looking bread, and ricotta pastries Happyman. How about a spinach and ricotta pasta dish, or tomato and ricotta tart? πŸ™‚

Thanks for the ideas Rachmaninov2, they both sound very nice...I quite like to do something with spinach.. maybe try and freeze some of the ricotta, I made far to much.😁

Spinach and ricotta soufflΓ©? πŸ™‚

Now that will be a challenge πŸ₯΄

I think you like a challenge, that’s why I suggested it. πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸ˜‹

😊 I do, I will look up a recipe for something similar to it..I might freeze most of cheese, I been thinking more about my mum's spinach and bulgur wheat pies as we been talking about spinach.. I really love them and haven't made them in years..so most definitely will be making them very soon.

That’s a new one to me, if you make them please post a photo. I was also thinking that when you get a glut of homegrown asparagus, you might like to make asparagus and ricotta tart. πŸ™‚

I think it will be many years before I get a glut of my homegrown asparagus with my newly planted 6 little plants... I was saying to that they were place and they need to be moved, there to difficult to get to and water properly where they are now..have to give it some thinking..but in the meantime we keep a look out in the market..we all love them and they are so good for you, really good your are doing so well, we should be in with the monsoon rains very soon, and am looking forward for them very much. The long bean flowers are dropping off, so are the tomatoes, but worst of all so are my beautiful Barbados cherry flowers that I love to get my early morning vitamin C from.

Everything grows so much better with the rain..πŸ™‚

It’s a shame about the flowers dropping off, I’ve misted mine in the past when it’s been very hot. If you haven’t already maybe you could give it a go. πŸ™‚

There's to many, I know what your saying though, I have been spraying then when there not in the sun, but it not doing anything..I have move a few things that are in pots further into shade, but i don't do to well with stressing myself out to much, so I just do it differently next time.No problem πŸ™‚

Hi Happyman4, you are great chef as you brought ricotta pastries to life πŸ˜‹πŸ‘ They look so scrumptious. Have a wonderful Sunday! πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸŒΊ

Thank you GreatMindfulness, am just about done for today, midnight and time to sleep..good night and have a nice day 😊

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Oh Happyman4 these look so good so you enjoy them as your family is well fed that’s for sure, 😊

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry, loved eating every single one of them. I will probably just make a few tomorrow as I can't stop eating them. I think English fish cakes is on the menu today after just seeing Cooper27 post, and I will use some of the bread I made yesterday to make the breadcrumbs 😊

Mmmmm...your pastries and bread turned out lovely. As for suggestions, how about a ricotta rustic pie??????

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Imaaan

Thanks for the idea lmaaan, I will look that up, I think I may have seen something like that using wholemeal flour.. The bread did turn out well, most was eaten by the kids with butter while it was still a bit warm,

My little ricotta pastries were amazing and I ended up eating far to much, well all of them! 😊

You may also like...