Dessert for the kids.: After dinner dessert... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,971 members โ€ข 9,793 posts

Dessert for the kids.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
โ€ข10 Replies

After dinner dessert for the kids was homemade very strawberry icecream that they helped to make yesterday..it was almost sugar added free, as 3 kilos of frozen strawberries only had two tablespoons of added sugar to it that my wife used to make dried strawberry sheets, dried in the sun.. we just used 1/3 of the cooked strawberries to 2/3 of whipping cream.

I thought some frozen defrosted mulberries would go nice with a little added cream with the icecream...and I wasn't wrong, they loved it ๐Ÿ˜

10 Replies
โ€ข
Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Hey this looks suitable for big kids Happyman4 it looks lush...๐Ÿ˜

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Jerry

They are getting to be big now, I still found the strawberry icecream a bit to sweet for me, I had mulberries with with cream with some more of my apple pie and that was so nice, that's what I will have with the portion of pie that's left for tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜

I love homemade ice cream and I bet the kids enjoy their dinner dessert as it looks delicious and refreshing. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

They really did love it. Said it was better then the icecream parlour that we sometimes use as a treat.Made me happy to hear them say that. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Aweeee thatโ€™s wonderful, their happiness is yours too. You did good Happyman4. Enjoy the rest of your day with your family! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒป

Midnight now. ZZZZ

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Mmmm, looks delicious!Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

It really was delicious, I tried some and loved it. But I have reduced my sugar intake so much over the last year I still found the strawberry icecream a little bit to sweet for me..but the kids thought it to be the best ever icecream they had ๐Ÿ˜

I did very much enjoyed some more apple pie with the mulberries and cream though. ๐Ÿ˜Š

My mom has made Keto ice cream it didnโ€™t Turn out well whatโ€™s your secret to a good ice cream ?

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Hb2003

Hi Hb2003, there is no secret really, I just used the freezer as I don't have an ice making machine. You put whatever mixture you like in a container. put in the freezer until its almost completely frozen, take out and give it mix and put it back in the freezer..that's it. When you want to use it take it out the freezer and leave it until you can can put a spoon into it.

Give it a try. There's lots of videos on YouTube on how to make, homemade icecream. ๐Ÿ™‚

You may also like...