Breakfast this morning. : After seeing a... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,971 members β€’ 9,793 posts

Breakfast this morning.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4
β€’11 Replies

After seeing a couple of posts on soft boiled eggs with soldiers I just had to have the same.. first three eggs were a little to hard, so I put aside for maybe egg mayonnaise later and put on another three on in the microwave, this time they came out perfect..so did my toasted buttered olive bread.

No egg cups in my house as I would normally just use a part of the egg box..then put it in the compost bin when finished.

Really enjoyed that ..thank you for your posts 😊

11 Replies
β€’
Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Hey Happyman4 a boiled egg for breakfast is perfect for me so I also love seeing others enjoying the same. I’d never thought of using the egg carton as an eggcup so that’s a great tip. And I’ve never got on with microwaving boiled eggs as it exploded the only time I tried it...LOL

I guess I know what I’m going to have for breakfast this morning ...πŸ₯šπŸ‘

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Jerry

Eggs are perfect for breakfast, that's what I believe anyway. Normally when we all have boiled eggs I use a big sized pot as we are a big family, but when its just for me i use my little microwave chicken gadget and its perfect for me, 3 minutes in the microwave and they are perfect for the little soldiers 😁 you have to put little water in the bowl.

Never had one break so far..costs a couple of pounds a few years ago.

Just for me πŸ™‚
Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Happyman4

Thank you thats useful to know πŸ‘

Looks amazing! One of my favourites as well. What works well for me to get them soft, is a 4'30" timer after the water starts to boil

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Chonyi

Four and a half minutes after the water starts to boil...thank you, I will try that next time πŸ™‚

Yummy breakfast! I like eggs, but I've never tried to boil them in the microwave. How did you do that? Also, nice decision with carton egg box!

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to HansLog

You have to put about 1/2" of water in the bottom part of the container container, it has little clamps on it and the water turns into steam when it gets hot in the microwave, very convenient for me, it even has a little handle so you don't burn yourself when taking it out of the microwave..πŸ™‚

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Wow Happyman4 - those eggs and toast look amazing. Yum!Zest :-)

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, it was delicious. πŸ™‚

That looks lovely going to do the same this morning

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4 in reply to shianne123

Hope you enjoy it as much as did.😊

You may also like...