World Porridge Day :-): Hi everyone, I... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

47,985 members8,738 posts

World Porridge Day :-)

Zest
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

I noticed in the Events schedule of the Healthy eating forum, that it's World Porridge Day today - so I'm celebrating that with a collage of my most recent porridge breakfasts!

As you can see, I like to put quite a bit on my porridge - various seeds, fruits and nuts, plus a dollop of yoghurt on top.

Does anyone else like porridge, and if so, what do you put on yours?

Zest :-)

43 Replies
oldestnewest
Hidden
Hidden

Certainly is healthy especially with what you added. I still am doing eggs in morning but it looks yummy!

catgirl1976
catgirl1976Reading Rabbits in reply to Hidden

I enjoy eggs on toast for breakfast as well!

Hidden
Hidden in reply to catgirl1976

That’s on tomorrow morning menu now. Talked with wife about that one. She knows how to make, so you made my day, for tomorrow

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Hidden

Hi Hidden

Eggs for breakfast are great too. Yum! :-)

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Zest

And for me easy to digest. Keep posting

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest

Well happy porridge day to the queen of porridge, Zest.

I had porridge this morning with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaked almonds, shredded coconut, jumbo raisins with a banana on top, it's made with oat milk.

You do put some lovely fruit on your's Zest.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Alicia 🥣🌈😊😋 xx

Zest
ZestStar in reply to crazyfitness

Hi Alicia,

Thanks, I know we both enjoy porridge! Yours sounds scrumptious.

Hope you're enjoying the weekend so far.

Zest :-) xx

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest in reply to Zest

Hi Zest

You photos of porridge certainly looked scrumptious.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Alicia 🥣😊🌈 xx

Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Thank you so much Zest you make the most amazing porridge as do other HE members.

Your collage is wonderful it’s so colourful and shows how incredible versatile porridge is.

I make porridge with quinoa flakes and like that with dried raisins and sultanas the best. So it’s not really porridge as I don’t eat oats.

I hope that you have a great day now. 😊

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Jerry

Someone please keep posting these interesting and heathy meals

Zest

Have a look at our various topics Hidden - there are lots of great meals posted there from our members, and hope you'll enjoy participating too.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Zest

My cooking skills are limited, and I am try my best to keep moving. What you made looks amazing and healthy-that would cover 2 meals , regards-Bob

Zest

Bob, where have you gone, hope you're ok. :-)

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry

Yes, there are lots of great posts - and the HE members are fantastic. :-) I agree that porridge is very versatile, and I like the sound of your porridge made with quinoa flakes - plus the additions, scrumptious!

Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

catgirl1976
catgirl1976Reading Rabbits

There was a lad at my previous job who liked the porridge you put hot water on and had had a telling off from management for having it at his table as they had classed it as hot food when it's no different to having a cup of tea at your desk!

If he was eating fish and chips at his desk then I understand him getting told off but that was ridiculous!

I like egg on toast for breakfast but will have porridge now and again for a change.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to catgirl1976

Ooh you are eating what I like and my grandmother (from London) brought me up on, also poached eggs in cup-an art to that one In eating. Thank You, brought back not only good food, but very fond memories ( only grandparent I had-raised me)

Zest
ZestStar in reply to catgirl1976

Hi catgirl1976

What a pity that your colleague was penalised for enjoying his porridge.

I also enjoy eggs on toast too - very tasty. I tend to have porridge most days though - and even in the Summer months too - I just love it.

catgirl1976
catgirl1976Reading Rabbits in reply to Zest

Last year just before i handed in my notice there a colleague had received a telling off from management for kissing his girlfriend in the office!

All it was was holding hands and pecks on the cheek nothing heavy!

Then another one got taken into the office for a telling off for eating a bacon roll at his table and he had been on the receiving end of lots of tellings off for petty things same as I was!

Like it with teaspoon salt in water, then when cooked leave to cool sprinkle with a little sugar and mil, but I'm Scottish and its tradition I suppose.

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Sweetsaphie

Hi Sweetsaphie

A lovely tradition! :-) Glad you enjoy it.

I love porridge, my Scottish grandparents swear by it with salt and water and a splash of milk over the top. Which I do love but I have also been known to have it with milk, honey and some fruit, just don't tell my nan! haha.

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Humblebee

Hi Humblebee

I won't tell your nan, your secret is safe with me. :-)

Great that you love your porridge. Me too, I really enjoy it. :-)

Kitten-whiskers
Kitten-whiskersVegan star

Wow Zest, your collage looks amazing, so colourful and healthy. I am not able to tolerate much in the way of GF Oats, but occasionally I will have a bowel sprinkled with the apple, cinnamon and Chia mixture from H&B 😁

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Kitten-whiskers

Hi Debs,

Glad to hear you can occasionally tolerate a bowl and it sounds delicious with the apple and cinnamon and chia mixture.

Overnight oats, with fruit and yogurt or Quark

Zest
ZestStar in reply to kitchengardener2

Hi kitchengardener2

Lovely - I've attempted overnight oats a couple of times, and it is very tasty.

i love porridge and i eat it every day,but i do pour double cream over it.Naughty me.

Curly1_
Curly1_ in reply to secrets22

Oh porridge us so good for lowering cholesterol so shame about the cream ☹️

secrets22
secrets22 in reply to Curly1_

no shame with the cream.

Zest
ZestStar in reply to secrets22

Hi secrets22

I'm really glad you're enjoying your porridge, and some double cream sounds scrumptious - I had some on some Christmas pudding earlier last week, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Yum!

Good morning that's amazing never knew could get so much in a porridge dish 😁I try lots of things but not altogether I love mandarins I got some tin ones as the fresh ones have been dry lately I love black grapes and banana with it too and avacado hoping to get some fresh fruit soon I'm totally out of banana avacados grapes 😭 it is the best way of getting your 5 or ten a day in your case lol 😁

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Curly1_

Hi Curly1_

Good evening! I hope you've had an enjoyable day. Mandarins are nice, aren't they. I love your other toppings too. They sound scrumptious!

I have porridge most days I put banana kiwi fruit blueberries apple orange I pick 2 or 3 but change them often I dOmetimes put Manuela honey on but just a tiny bit. It’s lovely.

Zest
ZestStar in reply to 12345pink

Hi 12345pink

Your toppings for your porridge sound delicious. Yum!

I'm afraid I take mine plain with a little salt although my husband takes a selection of fruits

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Madmolly

Hi Madmolly

I've noticed that some people enjoy a little salt - I've not tried it that way, but I might try it, to see how it is. :-)

Hi I love it with fruit and honey my favourite breakfast in the cod weather

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Georgiab123

Hi Georgiab123

That sounds lovely. Glad you enjoy it.

I love porridge ,have done since childhood. I’m a naughty porridge eater, ( golden syrup

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Vacyone

Hi Vacyone

Yum, that sounds tasty too.

Georgiab123
Georgiab123 in reply to Vacyone

Me to my guilty pleasure 😋

Fave breakfast w tinned fruit, apple or grapes, seeds and yes a dollop oh yoghurt 👏🏼👏🏼

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Ruby68

Hi Ruby68

That sounds lovely.

You may also like...