Lunch today & Orange Flowers :-): Hi everyone... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

51,306 members9,331 posts

Lunch today & Orange Flowers :-)

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

My lunch today is an Egg Mayonnaise and salad wrap followed by a slice of homemade banana seeded fruit cake and a cup of coffee. I enjoyed it.

I'm also including photos that I took this morning, whilst out on a walk - and I'm interested in what the orange flowers are called - I know the one on the left is a Red Hot Poker (even though it's orange), and I'm tagging you crazyfitness, as you got me thinking about this with your previous reply. Also the flowers in the middle are orange, but are different flowers, and I wonder what they're called.

Zest :-)

Here are some photos from my walk:

healthunlocked.com/health-w...

11 Replies

Hi Zest, I think the flowers you were wondering about are called crocosmia.

I am impressed by your ongoing commitment to posting these. Well done. Vx

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to TheMoaningViolet

Thanks very much, I am pleased to know the name of those orange flowers - crocosmia - many thanks. :-)

I've just been admiring your lunch - very nice.

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Hey what a delicious lunch Zest I love egg mayo. Gorgeous photos and TheMoaningViolet is right they are crocosmia very pretty flowers. I’ll have to check your walk out on HW now. 😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry

Egg mayo is a lovely combination. I've never heard of the crocosmia flowers before, so it was good to know their name.

Beautiful views Zest..

I'm glad that you are having a good day! xx

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to TaurusLady

Hi TaurusLady

Thanks, it's been a lovely day today - hope you've had an enjoyable day yourself.

Zest :-) xx

crazyfitness profile image
crazyfitnessPWB Guest

Hi Zest

What a lovely collage and the sea looks so beautiful as do the flowers and your lunch with the lovely looking cake.

Hope you've had a good day.

Alicia :) xx

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to crazyfitness

Hi Alicia,

A really nice day. Hope you've enjoyed yours.

Zest :-) xx

crazyfitness profile image
crazyfitnessPWB Guest in reply to Zest

Hi Zest

Glad it was a good day, yes mine was lovely thank you.

Alicia xx😊🌈🌞👍🙏

Hi Zest lovely photos once again, tell me please the cake sounds delicious,is it your own receipe?

After a really painfull night and early morning the pics were just wanted i needed,it looks so beautiful where you live.

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Blackcat1M

Hi Blackcat1M

I'm glad you like the pictures, and I'm sorry to hear you've had a really painful night. I hope you'll get some relief during the day.

Yes, I have the recipe for the cake - it is my own recipe, although I got lots of help from another member called Ruth_canal_runner - I'd not have managed to get such a great recipe without her help.

Here is a link to my version:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

In the loaf I made most recently I included some dried cranberries instead of sultanas, and I missed out the 25g sliced almonds (as I didn't have any) and it was a very tasty cake.

I tend to freeze it in slices, so I can de-frost them as needed.

Hope you have an enjoyable day, and that you get some relief from your pain.

Take care,

You may also like...