Delicious & Colourful Soup for Lunch today :-) - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
46,620 members8,379 posts

Delicious & Colourful Soup for Lunch today :-)

Zest
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

I have made a soup which contains some Carrots, White onions, New potatoes, Butter beans and Beetroot juice (500ml), and stock (1 litre), and it was a very tasty soup indeed. It made a total of 8 portions, so I am going to freeze some and also put a container in the fridge for another day.

I enjoyed the soup with some Irish soda bread and butter. Delicious!

Zest :-)

27 Replies
oldestnewest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hi Zest, this is a wonderful looking soup and extra healthy with beetroot juice.

It's also a very professional looking collage of the preparation of the soup in progress and I'm impressed...😊

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry

Thanks, it is a very tasty soup. I had some more today.

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest

Ooh Zest, that looks so yummy :)

Zest
ZestStar in reply to crazyfitness

Hi Alicia,

Yes, it's really good - thanks for the tip to use the entire juice, I did try some before I used it up, and it was quite nice, but I am glad to have used it in the soup - it was really good.

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest in reply to Zest

It looks really tasty you are queen of the kitchen😉

Elisabeth3
Elisabeth3TidyClub

Very nice soup. Beetroot is a winner.

Did you not want to use beetroot instead of just its juice?

I am sparing with beans. But I made a nice dish with onion, spinach and butter beans yesterday.

Ah, and I made another pot of butternut squash soup at the weekend. (The one before got poured out.)

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Elisabeth3

Hi Elisabeth3

Glad to hear you made another pot of butternut squash soup - that is good to hear! :-)

Your dish with onion, spinach and butter beans sounds scrumptious too.

I would normally prefer to use a wholefood rather than juice, but I had got the bottle of Beetroot juice for a very minimal cheap price, as it was near it's use by date - and that was the only reason I had it - it was a bargain. It was very nice though, and I'm glad I tried it.

Elisabeth3
Elisabeth3TidyClub in reply to Zest

The beetroot juice must have been nice, I am sure. I didn't know such can be bought.

I also would have bought it if on sale. ☑️

Zest

Yes, it was in the Health food shop. :-)

What a fabulous colour! Looks so appetising. The soda bread and butter looks very inviting too. Beetroot will go going in my next soup x

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Caz28

Hi Caz28

Yes, it's a fun colour, that's for sure. :-) Very tasty too. The Soda bread is gorgeous - goes very well. Hope you enjoy using beetroot in your next soup. :-)

Zest :-) xx

Elisabeth3
Elisabeth3TidyClub in reply to Caz28

Beetroot is amazing. And healthy. 🎖️

Zest

I agree, beetroot is very healthy and tasty. Amazing colour as well.

Kitten-whiskers
Kitten-whiskersVegan star

That sounds lovely Zest, and what a great Idea using beetroot juice : >

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Kitten-whiskers

Hi Debs,

It worked well, and I enjoyed it very much. Had some more today - and the remaining 4 portions are in the freezer now for some time in the future.

Kitten-whiskers
Kitten-whiskersVegan star in reply to Zest

I am glad you enjoyed it Zest and got some in the freezer 😀

This looks lovely zest. Where did you get beetroot juice? Did you juice it yourself?

Soda bread as well what a treat. We've started making our own spelt soda bread. Delicious!

Ali

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Agoodenough

Hi Ali,

I got the beetroot juice from the Healthfood shop - I'll just take a look at the bottle - it says 'Biotta Breuss' - it is 500ml, and it is listed as 'Vegan'. It was in the bargain bucket for £2.35 - which I think means that at full price it would be double that - as I think the Healthfood shop reduce it to half-price when it's close to the sell-by date.

It had actually passed the sell-by date when I saw it, which meant they gave me it for free, so I was very lucky!

It's very tasty as a drink - as I did try some before putting it in the soup.

p.s. The ingredients listed were: Beetroot juice; Carrot juice; Celery juice; potato juice; and it is pasteurised and 'from organic farming'. It says it's 'lacto-fermented' and 'rich in potassium'.

Agoodenough
Agoodenough in reply to Zest

Oh wow sounds very nutritious good job you came along and had it or it might have been wasted, it also probably tasted better as it was free 😁👍Great idea to have it in your soup for extra nutrition. Ali

What, no chips and cheese lol, I'm still waiting for my invite, hats off to you that looks amazing, a wonderful splash of colour, keep the good work up.

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Cb1963

Hi Cb1963

Nope, no chips and cheese. :-) Thanks for your lovely reply, and yes, it was a great splash of colour in the middle of my day. :-)

Did you put this in a blender?

Zest
ZestStar in reply to whatgoingon

Hi whatgoingon

Yes, I used a stick blender.

Hello Zest,

This looks absolutely wonderful..I love the colour of it all.

xx

Zest
ZestStar in reply to TaurusLady

Yes, it was a vibrant colour and also full of flavour. :-)

Hidden
Hidden

This looks yummy!

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Hidden

Hi Hidden

Thanks, it was delicious!

You may also like...