Minestrone Soup - Delicious! :-) - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

50,908 members9,291 posts

Minestrone Soup - Delicious! :-)

Zest
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

I have been fasting today, supporting my hubby who decided he'd like to fast - we've therefore completed a 22 hour fast (from 7pm last night through till 5pm today).

We just had herbal teas (Green teas in Jasmine and Ginger flavours) during the day, plus a mug of 'Marmite tea' (1 teaspoon of Marmite in hot water) for 'lunch' - and then we broke the fast in the evening at 5pm with some Minestrone soup (a Baxter's tinned soup) and a little bread (sundried tomato ciabatta bread from a supermarket), and a coffee and dark chocolate.

I had a headache for part of the morning - at about 10.30am or so, but I'm feeling much better now, and it's just after 6pm.

I enjoyed doing the fast, and I'm glad I did it. It made me more mindful of my food, and I appreciate it even more than I did before!

So that was a 22 hour fast - it felt ok! :-)

I feel like an evening walk later, so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Zest :-)

p.s. I wanted to show the contents of the soup - hence the two photos - top right shows the complete soup, and bottom-left shows the drained contents. On the tin it said it contains '2 of your 5 a day'. 156 kcal per can of soup.

My post in 'Fasting & Furious' forum is here:

healthunlocked.com/fasting-...

13 Replies
crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest

Well done Zest on your fast. I think it's good for us to go without food for a period of time.

I have a friend who's family aren't from this country and they follow Ramadan and she says she feels so good during the phase. They eat between a certain period of time.

Once again, well done.😀

Zest
ZestStar in reply to crazyfitness

HI Alicia,

Yes, it was enjoyable - I am glad I did it.

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest in reply to Zest

Hi Zest

A very good thing to do, we can become obsessed with food sometimes so it's good to go without for a while.

Well done

Alicia 😀

Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hi Zest, good for you with your fast and for supporting hubby, I'm sure you'll both feel better for it, as its good to be mindful of what we eat without being obsessed so I'm pleased to see some chocolate as you deserve it. Your soup looks really good too so I'm sure that you enjoyed it. 😊

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry - we do feel better for it. Being mindful of what we eat and drink is a good reflective process, and I appreciated having time to do that. The soup was surprisingly good - I didn't realise what it would be like, but was pleasantly surprised. :-)

Nice of you to support your hubby so well done, do you think missing your usual healthy breakfast contributed to your headache? I personally couldn’t fast, I would get far to edgy and hunger pains! My appreciation of food is already immense 😊 Pleased you enjoyed the soup. x

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Caz28

Hi Caz28

I'm not sure, regarding the headache - I've had headaches for a few days - I was putting it down to being peri-menopausal, but I've also had some stressful things going on at the same time, so could be stress-induced.

I have done the 5:2 regime before, and didn't get on very well with that, so I know I don't like to do fasts too regularly - but occasionally - I think that might be a nice thing. I'm still considering whether to do it again - I guess it will depend on how me and my hubby feel - as we tend to do these things together - so much easier with the meal planning that way!

Yes, lovely soup!

BoohPear
BoohPearTidyClub

Hi Zest. My normal days eating pattern is between 10a.m. And 6pm and has been for some time now. Suits me and I sleep so much better,, if the Fibro allows !!!!

Zest
ZestStar in reply to BoohPear

Hi BoohPear

I really like your name! Is it like a Spoonerism - a clever play on words - great choice!

It's really good to hear you're enjoying that eating pattern of eating between 10am and 6pm, and I'm glad you're sleeping so much better as well (providing your fibro allows of course). That's good to hear!

Hope you have a good night and a great week.

BoohPear
BoohPearTidyClub

Hi Zest. Yes here is 😸 BoohPear !!!! xx

Zest

Awww BoohPear - your name made me smile again. :-) xx

BoohPear
BoohPearTidyClub

Hi,PoohBear is my 16 years old long haired furbaby but I have had to change it for this site. He is adorable and we look after each other.

He is a first cross Maine Coone and is mostly dark auburn colour so he says hi😸xxx ( he he)

Zest

He sounds lovely! 'Hi' back to him. :-) xx

You may also like...