Sweet Potato & Coconut Curry :-): Hi everyone... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

49,357 members9,109 posts

Sweet Potato & Coconut Curry :-)

Zest
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

I am trying a new recipe today - it is called 'Sweet Potato & Coconut Curry' and it's from the BBC Good Food website - here is a link to the recipe:

bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/swe...

It is apparently gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan

I didn't have any chillies, and the supermarkets I visited didn't either! What's going on with red chillies - where are they? I tried 2 supermarkets and a hedge veg stall, and no luck. Never mind...

I am also a bit concerned that they suggested it needs 6 to 8 hours in the slow-cooker. I've just managed to get it into mine at 1.50pm and I want the meal to be ready by 6pm... So, I hope it's ok by then. I've got it on 'high' - although I couldn't see any indication of the temperature in the recipe. I'm going to try it on high for about an hour or two, and then maybe turn it down to low, depending on how it is doing.

But if anyone has made it before, and has any tips or pointers, let me know!

It's my first time with that recipe.

Zest :-)

p.s. This is the resulting dish:

healthunlocked.com/veganfoo...

15 Replies
oldestnewest
crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest

That sounds delicious Zest and thank you for the link.

If I'm late putting something in the slow cooker I cook it on high throughout, I don't turn it down.

Enjoy😋

Zest
ZestStar in reply to crazyfitness

Thanks Alicia,

I'm going to keep it on high - as it's going to be approx. 4 hours, which should be ok. I've just stirred it now, and it's looking and smelling lovely. :-) Thanks for saying that, as I feel more confident to keep it on high for those 4 hours now. :-)

Hope you're enjoying the afternoon.

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest in reply to Zest

Hi Zest

You are welcome and I hope you enjoyed/are enjoying your gorgeous pot of food - yummy :)

Zest

Hi Alicia,

My hubby won't be back for another 15 minutes or so, but it is looking amazing! Smells great too. I'm looking forward to enjoying it. :-)

Hope you have a lovely evening.

crazyfitness

Hi Zest

That sounds like it's been a complete success, well done. I've just printed the recipe so I can have a go at making it, I'll have to use up the chickpea curry I have in the freezer first though as I have no room ;)

Alicia :)

Zest

I haven't tasted it yet, Alicia, but I will let you know how it tastes. I'm looking forward to it. Just drained some Wild Rice to go with it.

crazyfitness

That would be good, thank you. I've got chickpea curry tonight with Quinoa, it must be a curry night😉

I haven't forgotten as I know you're interested in the Buckwheat seeded bread recipe that I made, I'll post another link when I'm back on the main PC and not my phone.

Enjoy your curry with wild rice.

Alicia 😀

Zest

Hi Alicia,

I've just posted the resulting curry in the Vegans for Life forum, so you can see it - but I'll link to it here as well, as I've left it unlocked so that anyone can access it:

healthunlocked.com/veganfoo...

It was really tasty - I love it! Definitely recommend it, even though it is a bit of effort - but I think it was worth it, and now we've got 2 portions for another night, so it will be nice not to cook that night. :-)

Hope you enjoyed your Chickpea curry - and yes please, I've love the link to the Buckwheat Seeded bread recipe, I'm very interested in that. Thanks!

Have a lovely evening.

crazyfitness

Excellent and I thought it would be good, the ingredients speak for themselves. Well done on your success.

Thank you for the link to yiur posting, I'll have a look now😀

Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hey Zest, this is an amazing looking sweet potato and coconut curry and its gluten free so even better, your collage shows how well organised you are.

I buy frozen chilli and keep dried chillis.

I bet it tastes beautiful and your house will have a wonderful spicy atmosphere so you enjoy it. 😊

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry

Wow, you've reminded me! I have some dried chillies in my cupboard. I am going to sprinkle a little into the dish - hopefully that will work - it still has just over an hour and a half to cook, so should be ok! Thanks!

I also freeze chillies, but sadly, I didn't have any in the freezer this time - but dried ones, yes! :-)

This looks and sounds delicious, thanks for the link and the stage by stage photos, one I’m definitely going to make! x

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Caz28

Hi Caz28

I'm looking forward to eating the remainder tomorrow evening. I hope you like it when you make it.

Thank you Zest for this recipe it looks delicious .

Zest
ZestStar in reply to timesachanging50

Hi timesachanging50

It's a lovely recipe - I really enjoyed it. Nice to try something new.

You may also like...