Colourful Evening Meal - Delicious! :-) - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
44,387 members β€’ 8,149 posts

Colourful Evening Meal - Delicious! :-)

Zest
ZestStar
β€’12 Replies

Hi everyone,

My evening meal is some Baked Salmon with a Casserole of Vegetables and beans - and it was both colourful and tasty.

I'm going to have a walk this evening, as I'm feeling re-hydrated and much better than this morning, so I'm looking forward to enjoying the evening breeze and views.

Zest :-)

12 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Wow this is colourful Zest and undoubtedly delicious with all those lovely ingredients, so I'm sure that you enjoyed it. 😊

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry

Thanks very much, I really enjoyed it, and it was very easy to make. I have two portions left-over and will be using that in my evening meal - so it has lasted very well. Yum!

Looks very tasty .

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to timesachanging50

Thanks very much. :-)

Zest looks lovely I'm having Shrimp risottot this evening and Salmon tomorrow. What veggie mix is this, I could devour the picture. lol

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to cherv

Hi cherv

Just noticed your reply here - 7 months later. Better late than never to reply. Hope you're having an enjoyable weekend.

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to cherv

Oops, forgot to respond to your query - about the 'veggie mix' - it was basically just whatever veggies I had to hand that day, and I can see that I'd included: white onions, mange tout beans, carrots, red pepper, leeks, and then added some beans (butter beans and kidney beans - and I think the kidney beans were in a chilli sauce). There might be more veggies in there, but those are the essential ones I can spot in the photo. It was a while ago now that I cooked that meal, but it was delicious!

cherv
cherv
in reply to Zest

Rhank you for the late reply no problem. The trow to veggie combination was so interesting baically a home mande throw together and a winner, always a nice ending for a new attempt. Sure now you would repeat if you had those leftovers remaining once again. Sometimes I get the wildest things after cleaning the refrigerator out and need to use products fast. Have a lovely evening.

Pleased you are feeling better. Your food looks really colourful. I really wish I liked fish, I’ve tried and tried!

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Caz28

Hi Caz28

I guess you just don't like fish!

Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

This looks so yummy, how did you cook your vegetables please:)

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to mahirul1

Hi mahirul1

Thanks for your reply - this meal was one that I cooked in my Creuset dish on the oven top, and I basically just heated the veggies in that, and then baked them in the oven. I usually start with sauteeing the onion with some olive oil, then adding the remaining veggies and beans, heating them through on the oven top, and then putting the dish in the oven to bake for about 30 minutes or so, or until they are cooked to your liking.

Hope that helps.

I also like to cook veggies in my slow-cooker too - sometimes throughout the day on a low temperature, which gives lots of flavour.

You may also like...