Evening meal..and another blood test. - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
41,255 members β€’ 7,447 posts

Evening meal..and another blood test.

Hidden
Hidden
β€’23 Replies

Just finished my evening me...it was some barbeque sausages, marinated barbecued chicken..and some barbeque vegetables.

I could not eat any salad as I was to full and I put it in the fridge for later tonight or tomorrow morning.

I also enjoyed a little coconut water that I cut from my tree in the afternoon and put in the fridge to cool.

I took a blood test before eating and the reading was 104mg.. I did have a cup of espresso coffee with just one teaspoon of sugar about one hour before the test..

The Plan is to take a blood test in about 2 hours from now to see how much my blood sugar levels have risen.

23 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator

The dinner looks great.πŸ˜€πŸ‘ Did you add barbecue sauce to the chicken? The sauce has different amount of carbs. depending on the amount you have used.

104 mg/dl is good before eating.πŸ˜€πŸ‘

1 like
Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Activity2004

I did make some sauce to add after cooking added a little teriyaki sauce to it... the chicken was put in Greek yogurt and turmeric, and other spices for 2 hour before cooking.. interesting to see what sugar levels are in 2 hours time.

Activity2004
in reply to Hidden

Please let us know what you find out in 2 hours for the blood sugar.

1 like
Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Activity2004

I just took my blood test and it read 103mg.. it was 105 before eating that is Just 2mg difference to before I eat.. am happy with that.

2 likes
Activity2004
in reply to Hidden

Fantastic!πŸ˜€πŸ‘ Really great control! Keep it up.

1 like
Bobbi6

That looks so good!

2 likes
Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Bobbi6

Thank you Bobbi, it was good..πŸ™‚

1 like
Zest
ZestVolunteer

I like the colourful meal you have there Hidden - at least the salad will last for another day, when you have room for it. :-)

Zest :-)

2 likes
Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, pleasing to the eyes is a good start... I will have the salad probably for lunch today. πŸ™‚

1 like
LouiseVeeLHG

Hi Notsoogood. Great news, there's quite a couple of items to go on your non-spike list.

2 likes
Hidden
Hidden
in reply to LouiseVeeLHG

Thank you Louise, I am 100% certain that my meat and vegetables are good for me and I don't have to worry about high blood sugar levels for it..πŸ™‚

Activity2004
in reply to Hidden

Depending on the type of vegetables you want to eat, the numbers can either go higher than you expect or stay even. Corn can raise blood sugars very high in most people. Corn usually raises my blood sugar, so I try to not eat it as much.

1 like
Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Activity2004

Yes your right about the vegetables and I am completely avoiding starchy foods for a while, but this because I want to lose some weight. But I will do one or two tests on them when I start eating them again.

I only eat a very small amount of sweet corn..and not that often.

1 like
Activity2004
in reply to Hidden

Okay, but be careful when you start trying them out. It’s hard sometimes to get the numbers back down after eating starchy vegetables.

1 like
Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Activity2004

It will be interesting to see how it works for me when I start eating them again.

Activity2004
in reply to Hidden

Let us know what happens soon.πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ‘ Snack time for me now. I will be back later before I go to sleep tonight.

1 like
Activity2004
in reply to Hidden

Back now. Sorry for the delay.

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Activity2004

Sorry I wasn't thinking you was coming back ..

Activity2004
in reply to Hidden

Good morning!πŸ˜€πŸ‘

1 like
Activity2004
in reply to Hidden

I will always come back!πŸ˜€πŸ‘

sleeksheep

Just out of interest can you trial before and after your coffee as this may have affected your trial. Generally I would test before a meal having not had any food ( sugar is a food ) for two hours beforehand . Then if trialing different foods I do a test at the one hour / two hour and three hour if needed.

Just looking at what you ate I would be surprised if the lower reading after two hours is not due to your coffee and sugar raising your before test.

Even so your results are exceptionally good :)

3 likes
Hidden
Hidden
in reply to sleeksheep

Thank you sleeksheep, I will take your advice on board and at some point will try that.

So far I am very pleased with the results..specially the very bad one I had yesterday..as it's what I was looking for.

1 like
Nugger

Yep, you went overboard with the protein lol

Another 2 hrs south & I too could have coconuts, very jealous,next time let it be the meat that gets left!

You may also like...