I love sprouts :-): Hi everyone, My evening... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
38,959 members6,754 posts

I love sprouts :-)

Hi everyone,

My evening meal was some Roast chicken with potatoes, and veggies (swede and brussels sprouts) and gravy, with a dot of butter on the veg, some apple cider vinegar and some freshly ground black pepper. I really enjoyed it.

The photo is of the cliff-path when I was walking yesterday - and I am amazed that the yellow gorse bushes are out at this time of year.

Hope you've had a lovely weekend.

Zest :-)

p.s. I had some sprouts left-over - and so I've Blanched and then Frozen them - and if you want to know how to do that - here is a post explaining the process (but it was my 'first time' to do that, so please bear that in mind...):

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

7 Replies
oldestnewest

I love sprouts and I love roasts so a lovely evening meal Zest.

The waves are rolling into the bay in the photo and the yellow gorse as well as looking pretty must be pretty hardy flowering this time of the year. 😊

1 like

Hi Jerry

Yes, it is very hardy - and a beautiful yellow flower. Lovely. :-)

Great to hear you like sprouts too - they tend to be something that people either love or hate. I read an article about them once - but can't remember where it was.

No vegetable is so divisive as sprouts. I love and adore them. As a cruciferous vegetable they are so healthy. Along with other benefits they have cancer-fighting properties. Shame that 50% of the world finds their taste bitter. My lunch today will be sprouts, sprouts and more sprouts. 100 calories’ worth of Brussels sprouts provides about 480 milligrams of essential ALA omega-3 fatty acid.

1 like

Hi Andy,

Yes, that was what I read about sprouts - how half the population are sensitive to them, and find them bitter, and the other love them. Glad to hear you love them too - and I hope you enjoy your lunch of Sprouts.

Have you ever frozen them? I have some left-over, which I've prepared and put in a container - and I'm wondering if I can put them in the freezer to use at a later time. :-)

Hi again Andy,

I've just found out what to do to freeze my sprouts - I've blanched them! First time I did that with sprouts, and it's worked very well.

They are in the freezer now.

I think even if you find sprouts bitter you can grow to love them. I wasn't brought up eating green leafy veg at all, but my husband was. So I've persisted with them and now I love them!

1 like

Hi Annie563

Great to see you, and I'm glad to hear that you have grown to love sprouts over time - that's good to know that it's possible - for those people who maybe don't like them so much at first. :-)

Hope you're having a great week.

I've just been blanching some sprouts to put in the freezer - I only just found out how to do that - so it's a new experience for me!

1 like

You may also like...