Log in
Healthy Eating
35,615 members5,522 posts

Breakfast on the Weekend :-)

Hi everyone,

This is my favourite breakfast - and I tend to have it most days of the week. :-) It is 30g Porridge (made from oats), with some Nuts, Seeds and Fruit. I vary the fruit - but usually keep the other contents the same, and I sometimes put a dollop of yoghurt on top - I love the cool creamy taste of the yoghurt in contrast to the rest of the dish. I feel it enhances it.

Hope that October is going well so far - already mid-month - I'm wondering where the time goes!!! There's been some gorgeous Autumnal days - and I'm hoping to get out and enjoy some walking this weekend, plus I hope to do some running as well. :-)

I'd like to wish you a really great weekend.

Zest :-)

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Good morning Zest, I can see where you get all your energy from I love the contrast of the green grapes with strawberries and will a dollop of yoghurt an excellent porridge. 😊

1 like
Reply

Morning Jerry

Yes, I think my breakfast does give me some energy for the day - it's a great start, that's for sure!

Wishing you an excellent weekend! I hope the sun is shining! 8-)

Zest :-)

1 like
Reply

The sun is shining but its above the mist...LOL 😀

1 like
Reply

lol :-) Hopefully that mist will rise. :-)

Reply

Hi Zest

Your contributions always spur me on!

I may have already asked you, so forgive me!

I think from your posts....that you have been successful via calorie control not Lchf or Keto?

1 like
Reply

Hi Redspot

Thank you so much. :-) I have lost weight through basically following the NHS 12 week plan plus calorie counting, and if I would describe my eating pattern in any particular way - it would be a 'balanced diet' which is perhaps more 'moderate' in terms of fats, as I like the Mediterranean diet (in terms of food choices) - but I tend to have an 80-20 attitude, whereby I don't 'ban' any food type or restrict any food group. I tend to try to choose whole foods and unprocessed foods as a whole, and whenever I can, I cook from scratch, but I do also have the occasional 'tin of soup' or shop bought bread roll etc. I like a mix of home cooking but also convenience too. Long answer I know - but you did ask. lol :-)

Zest :-)

Reply

Sorry to be a pain...what is an 80:20 attitude?

1 like
Reply

Hi Redspot - sorry, I realise I didn't explain that very well - what I mean by it is that 80% of the time I try to make as healthy choices as I can, and the remaining 20% I am just more relaxed about things - although in terms of exact percentages, this of course varies... lol... :-)

Zest :-)

Reply

Aah understand.....for me a glass of wine at weekends!

Thx....

1 like
Reply

:-) xx

Reply

Sorry to have asked you again. I think that I shall essentially follow your example. I have tried Lchf but wasn’t doing the high fat, when I did (yesterday) I felt so sick.

Cream in coffee, scrambled eggs etc. Far too rich for me!

I need to calm down and go back to calories. I know that I have asked you before but how much weight have you abandoned!

I have spent the weekend researching over and over ....going vaguely mad!

Thank you so much for your time and photos!

1 like
Reply

Hi Redspot

Honestly I don't mind you asking me again - and I'm sorry to hear that you didn't feel very well yesterday - I hope you feel better today!

I lost a total of just under 5 stone in total, but it was over quite a long time - and I've maintained that loss for approx. 4 years now. I enjoy my meals, and I try to achieve a balanced diet - i.e. not cutting out any macros - and trying to choose healthy fats, complex carbs and some protein - and whilst I enjoy some cheese and butter, I try to limit the amount.

I would like to wish you the best with your weight loss goals, and I hope very much that you'll enjoy this week ahead.

Try to relax if you can, because feeling stressed can end up making us feel worse, and can lead to comfort eating (for some of us - myself included)…

Have a great weekend.

Zest :-)

Reply

Thx Zest .....you are too kind. I feel better having made a decision to stick to calories...

I can now rest and enjoy Strictly and a glass of wine with my roasted veg and fish.

I really am grateful....

Onwards and downwards said the ‘Scales’

1 like
Reply

Your meal sounds scrumptious! Enjoy! :-)

Reply

How do I save your posts so I don’t keep asking you!?

1 like
Reply

Hi Redspot

Don't worry - if you need to ask me something, just ask - I don't mind at all. Not sure how you can keep posts - not sure if there's an option to bookmark - people do opt to 'follow' the people they want to see regular postings by, so that is an option, but otherwise, just ask me again - I really don't mind. :-)

I hope that you enjoy your glass of Wine and Strictly tonight - sounds like an excellent combination!

Zest :-)

Reply

You may also like...