Healthy Eating
32,737 members4,650 posts

Yummy Breakfast Today :-)

Yummy Breakfast Today :-)

Hi everyone,

Does it seem like Groundhog Day? I am here with another Porridge breakfast, with Nuts, Seeds and Fruit, but I love the film Groundhog Day and I love the breakfast too. So I thought - why change it. :-)

Do you have a favourite breakfast?

I've had a cup of coffee too - very nice.

Zest :-)

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest, I have favourite breakfast lunch and snacks but main meals is very dependant on seasons and my mood.

My favourite breakfast is poached egg on home made gf bread toasted with baby tomatoes and bay mushrooms and sometimes I have a couple of slices of nut luncheon but always with a mug of tea.

Your porridge looks fantastic with those juicy strawberries blueberries nuts and seeds.

I think favourite meals would make a great series of polls...😊

2 likes

I think my breakfast is very much down to my mood as is all my meals.

But when i look back over many years..i would say it used to be bacon and beans in two buttered crusty rolls.☺

2 likes

I like the sound of Buttered Crusty Rolls - yum! Interesting how mood can influence our choices sometimes. :-)

1 like

Hi Jerry

As you know, I also love poached eggs. They are so delicious, and your favourite breakfast sounds really great!

I agree with you that 'favourite meals' would indeed make a great series of polls. :-)

1 like

zest had to laugh not seen a brazil nut on your b/fast before

as i said before in depths of sadness its always a pleasure and up lifting to read posting

susanne

1 like

Hi Susanne,

Thanks so much for your lovely reply, and I'm glad that seeing that little Brazil nut for the first time made you laugh - I usually have 2 of them 'somewhere' in my breakfast, but they rarely surface to the top... :-) I understand that they are a good source of Selenium, as well.

Wishing you a good week and it's nearly the weekend.

Hi Zest, your breakfast looks really nice and healthy, any idea how many calories are in this? I am trying to lose weight but also trying to keep to a healthy diet 😊

1 like

Hi gmcarolan

Nice to hear from you again, and I hope you're having a good week. Regarding my breakfast, it works out at something between 450 to 500 calories, but that's because it has a range of ingredients, and if you want to see what I typically include then here is a post I did previously called 'Layering up my breakfast' - which shows you the typical things I put in it.

So basically you can reduce the calories by restricting the amount of ingredients, or you can omit any that you don't fancy having - if I can find a previous post which has the calories itemised then I'll also pop back with a link to that as well.

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

Hope it's helpful.

Hi Zest, thank you for the update, the attached pictures of layering look like a piece of art 😊

1 like

Hi gmcarolan

Thanks, I appreciate Art of all kinds - so take that as a very nice compliment, thank you!

You may also like...