Healthy Eating
35,594 members5,515 posts

Lovely meal this evening :-)

HI everyone,

Last night I made a Chicken & Beany Vegetable Casserole - and if you want to see how, here is the post:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

I had two portions left for tonight, so this morning I cooked some wholemeal pasta - let it cool for the day, and then this evening I re-heated the meal as a Pasta Bake, sprinkling the top with grated Cheddar Cheese, and it was delicious!

The reason I cooled and re-heated the pasta is to have the effect of 'resistant starch'. There is an article about 'Resistant Starch' from the British Nutrition Foundation, if you want to read a bit about it:

nutrition.org.uk/nutritions...

Hope you've enjoyed the weekend.

Zest :-)

6 Replies
oldestnewest

How clever to put pasta and cheese on ! We eat a lot of chicken and this is a way to make it a bit different from the usual chicken which can be a bit bland after many meals of it.

1 like

Hi miopus

Yes, it definitely converts the meal in a good way - I weighed out the cheese, and the pasta, so I didn't 'overdo' it - and it tasted delicious!

Interesting read Zest

What’s the recipe for that pasta bake looks 😋

1 like

Thanks SMITHYC

Basically I started making this casserole the day before, and had two portions then - so have a look at this post to see how I did it:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

Then, with the remaining 2 portions, I basically combined some pre-cooked pasta with the casserole and heated them all up on the oven top, and then put some cheddar cheese on top and melted it by baking it in the oven again for about 10 minutes or so.

However, there will be loads of 'Pasta Bake' recipes online which will probably be easier to follow than this lengthy explanation... :-)

Hope that is helpful.

👌😋

1 like

Thanks avoid-sugar

You may also like...