Turkey & Bean Casserole & Black Rice :-) - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

49,288 members9,099 posts

Turkey & Bean Casserole & Black Rice :-)

Zest
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

My meal this evening is some Turkey & Bean Casserole on a bed of Black Rice - it was delicious! The veggies in the casserole include a large white onions, 2 leeks, a tin of flagelot beans, 1 red pepper, and approx. 4 fresh tomatoes. The casserole juice is made with some apple cider vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, tomato puree and the fresh juice from the chopped fresh tomatoes.

I sautéed the onions and turkey first, and then added the chopped veggies, and baked in the oven for about an hour, stirring occasionally - I sprinkled some cheddar cheese on top for the remaining 15 minutes of baking.

I have some left for tomorrow, and hope to have it with some wholemeal pasta. It was very tasty.

Zest :-)

10 Replies
oldestnewest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hey what a contrast of colours Zest, a delicious meal and very Yin Yang...😊

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry

It does look very Yin Yang :-)

It looks fab, I love the black rice xx

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Annmarie76

Thanks Annmarie76 - so do I, it has such a lovely nutty depth of flavour. Yum!

That looks great. I’m trying that today. Thanks

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Doradee

HI Doradee

I hope you enjoy it. :-)

Not sure how to add photo but it’s delicious. Changed turkey to chicken and used chickpeas nd lots of veg instead of rice.

Thanks for the inspiration x

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Doradee

Hi Doradee

I am really pleased to hear it turned out so well, and that you enjoyed it. Your version sounds incredibly tasty - that's the great thing about casseroles - you can vary them according to what ingredients you have, and what your prefer. Really great!

Zest :-) xx

Looks very good. Can you or someone explain to me Black Rice. Thanks in Advance.

Jim

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Jgdsin

Hi Jim,

I buy my black rice from a Health food shop, and really enjoy it. There is a page of information about it here - on the Wikipedia page:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black...

It is really tasty.

You may also like...