Healthy Eating
34,730 members5,231 posts

Bursting with Colour: Rainbow Salad :-)

Hi everyone,

I needed to use up some chicken today - so I baked it and had some in a Salad - along with lots of Peppers, radishes, spring onions, tomatoes and some fresh spelt & rye bread.

The dip is inspired by a post I saw this morning by Sailsalot (in the NHS weight loss forum), who had mentioned a dip containing mayonnaise, horseradish and Greek yoghurt.

My dip contains Icelandic-style yoghurt, mayonnaise and wholegrain mustard. It was very nice.

Really enjoyed my salad. Yum!

Zest :-)

11 Replies
oldestnewest

that looks absolutely delicious Zest. Thanks for all your help in the last few days. love grace xoxo 🤗

2 likes

Hi Grace,

Thanks so much, and you are very welcome.

Zest :-) xx

1 like

the bell has dissapread again my boyfriend is coming along tomorrow i will get him to check it all. im not going to worry this time. 😀

2 likes

Hi Zest, I thought that this was a meal you'd bought out but recognised the plate, so this is indeed a very colourful salad and I love the sound of your dip it sounds healthy and with bite...

Lovely wholesome looking bread too. 😊

1 like

Hi Jerry

I really enjoyed this salad. Very tasty.

1 like

Thats a lively looking salad Zest 😎

1 like

Hi Debs,

Yes, it was very yummy.

Looks lovely Zest.

1 like

Thanks very much SMITHYC - I really enjoyed it. :-)

Is your bread homemade? I can't seem to find a bread I like at the grocery.

1 like

Hi judyagasco

The bread in the photo is from Waitrose, and it was a Rye and Spelt bread.

I do occasionally bake my own, and here is a post that is all about Bread - and includes recipes by other forum members too - so there are a lovely range of freshly baked loaves and recipes, if you decide to bake some.

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

1 like

You may also like...