Healthy Eating
34,983 members5,276 posts

Tried a new recipe today: Curried Chicken Noodle Soup :-)

Hi everyone,

This is such a delicious soup - and here is the recipe, it is from a cookery book that I borrowed from the library, called:

"Slow Cookers: A Classic Kitchen Collection for the Busy Cook"

Curried Chicken Noodle Soup.

Ingredients:

1 small red chilli - de-seeded and finely chopped

1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger

2 tablespoons curry powder

750ml good-quality chicken stock

800ml tinned coconut milk

120g dried rice vermicelli noodles

300g baby bok choy (pak choy) (I had 200g of this)

500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts

4 tablespoons torn basil (I didn't have any of this)

Method:

1. Put the chilli, ginger, curry powder, stock and coconut milk in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 1.5 hours.

2. Meanwhile, put the vermicelli in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 10 minutes, or until soft, then drain. Separate the bok choy leaves and slice the large leaves in half lengthways. Prepare the chicken by trimming off any fat, then cut it into thin slices.

3. Stir the vermicelli, bok choy and chicken through the soup. Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until the chicken in tender and cooked. Stir in the basil just before cooking.

I served this soup with a small piece of sourdough and multi-grain bread with organic peanut butter.

The soup is incredibly tasty - it has made 6 portions in total.

Zest :-)

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Sounds fabulous, is there a way to print a post?

2 likes

Hi G1nny

You can hopefully print whatever is displayed on your computer screen? Otherwise, you could copy and paste the text and put it in a computer file? That's what I tend to do when I see a recipe or post that I like.

2 likes

Maybe G1nny has a 3d printer...LOL 😊

2 likes

lol :-)

1 like

Hi Zest, your Bok-choi looks very fresh and healthy its a lovely veg I think. It helps give your soup that lovely colour so a delicious meal with that sourdough bread. 😊

The prep all looks very professional too...👩‍🍳

2 likes

Hi Jerry

Thank you! My hubby told me it was the most delicious soup I've ever made! So that was praise indeed!

3 likes

I do mobile but it won’t let me copy and paste. I’ll have to put it on my computer, if I can remember my password. Thank you

1 like

I sometimes take a photo of the screen on my phone, and that works well too - so maybe try that if you can't remember your password. :-)

great idea!

1 like

Gosh that looks lovely bet it was really fragrant?!

1 like

Hi Henbur

Extremely fragrant - smells like a Thai Coconut curry kind of smell - lovely!

that looks delicious - definitely one to try :)

1 like

Hi sunny369

Yes, it's a tasty soup.

1 like

Looking over so many old post! Yummy! I will still eat noodles my weight is very low my husband stays almost as close to keto as he can be. Will serve with cauliflower rice for him, can make some keto noodles but that is a project and depends on other things happening. I've not invested in a pasta maker.

1 like

Hi cherv

You have reminded me that I 'do' have a pasta maker! I've just not used it for AGES - and I think I only used it a couple of times in total - I must find it and have another go. I was thinking the other day that I'd like to make my own pasta parcels - would be really scrumptious to do that, and I could freeze them for using at another time, I think...

Glad you're enjoying looking at lots of posts - we have quite a lot now. :-)

Very happy Zest to have brought that to mind. We do pt tools a side and and forget I brought my bread machine out not to long ago to experiment. Missed it was sitting on a top self, made some nice loaves and everyone I shared with loved them and having home made bread. I love your photo's do you do that as a job?

1 like

Hi cherv

Lovely that you found your bread maker and enjoyed making those loaves. No, I just take photos for pleasure - but thanks for the compliment! :-)

You may also like...