Healthy Eating
33,342 members4,789 posts

Chicken & Vegetable Casserole Tonight :-)

Chicken & Vegetable Casserole Tonight :-)

Hi everyone,

I love taking photos of food, as you can probably tell - so I took a few of the stages of cooking this Chicken & Vegetable Casserole - so you can see the ingredients and the different stages of preparation.

It was very tasty, and I have two portions left for another night. I'll be combining the remaining portions with some wholemeal pasta and cheese - so it will be a slightly different meal tomorrow - but will be quick and easy to prepare.

Zest :-)

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Looks really yummy! I’ve had leftover cauliflower and broccoli cheese from Sunday lunch with green beans, new potatoes and corned beef. Leftovers make such easy meals!

3 likes

Hi Caz28

Definitely! The food always tastes more flavourful - as everything mingles and intensifies with time. Your meal sounds great.

3 likes

Broccoli, not a big cauliflower fan, pasta cheese is nice, easy and freeze one portion for later

2 likes

Yum! :-)

1 like

Casseroles always taste better next day or even the day after that. Have you ever made big Yorkshire Puddings and filled them with the casserole? :-)

3 likes

Hi Hidden

No, I've never made a Yorkshire pudding in my life - I think I should do that! Thanks for the suggestion. I made 'Toad in the Hole' when I was a child, but nothing since then in the way of batters.

Thanks for the suggestion - it sounds great!

3 likes

I’m from Yorkshire and make them all the time 😄 when my boys were little they called toad in the hole - frog in a bog 😄

4 likes

Hi Edm174

I should ask you for a recipe for how to do them - as you'll make excellent ones I feel sure! So if you do want to share how you do them, I'd love to know.

Sweet that your boys called it 'Frog in a Bog' :-)

3 likes

Hi zest I will definitely post the recipe on here !!! 😄

3 likes

Thanks very much, I'll look forward to it - and I'll definitely give it a go. :-)

2 likes

Mmm so yummy x I made chickpeas and veggie stew today with homemade bread but I forgot to take a photo unfortunately xx

3 likes

Hi Hope4321

Your Chickpea and Veggie Stew sounds wonderful, and especially with the homemade bread - I bet it was so delicious!

Zest :-) xx

2 likes

This looks really delicious Zest with lots of flavour and they’re great photos of it cooking. A very enjoyable meal. 😊

1 like

Hi Jerry

Yes, and I'm so glad to have had some lovely ideas for using up the leftovers, as Hidden and Edm174 have talked about delicious Yorkshire puddings - and now I'm excited to make some. :-)

2 likes

Are those snow peas?

1 like

Hi G1nny

No, I think they are 'runner beans'- I am presuming 'snow peas' are the sugar snap peas or the mange tout - and I think mine were 'runner beans'. Very nice. :-)

We have snow peas and sugar snap peas! I like snow peas. I’ll be looking up runner beans maybe a relative of green beans.

1 like

You may also like...