Healthy lollies/ice-creams :-): Hi everyone... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

52,895 members9,764 posts

Healthy lollies/ice-creams :-)

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

I bought some 'lolly moulds' today - which look so bright and fun, and now I'm looking out for some ideas - to use them.

Has anyone made their own lollies, and if so, what did you do?

I think I remember that avoid-sugar made some - I am going to have a look for ideas - but if anyone can give me any pointers or ideas, please do.

Many thanks,

Zest :-)

I made some Strawberry & Coconut Popsicles, and here they are:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

12 Replies
Activity2004 profile image
Activity2004Administrator

Hi Zest,

The lollies look cute. You could probably put different types of fruits and freeze them for an after dinner treat. :-)

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Activity2004

Hi Activity2004

That's a great idea. Thanks.

Activity2004Administrator in reply to Zest

Anytime! :-)

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi again,

I have just been blending some strawberry with some light coconut milk and a little full-fat Guernsey milk, and I've filled the lolly moulds with that - I don't know what will happen, but the inspiration for that came from the post by Agoodenough - who posted her idea for Strawberry ice-cream using coconut cream - so I'm hoping that my more watered down 'light coconut milk and strawberry lollies' will work out. I'll let you know later, as I hope to have one as a treat this evening.

Activity2004Administrator in reply to Zest

Please take a picture of it! :-) It sounds really good.

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Activity2004

Thanks Activity2004 - I am intrigued by how they will look, and whether they'll be a nice consistency. :-)

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Hey Zest, these look really cheerful and fun and I think that Ali's ice cream recipe is a great start so I look forward to seeing the results as they will be some snazzy lollies thats for sure...😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry

Just another hour or so, and then I'll be trying one. Looking forward to it already. :-)

I think these are popsicles here. Yours are beautiful.

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to G1nny

HI G1nny

Yes, I think you're right - popsicles - I wanted something quite small - as I only want to have a smallish lolly - and they seemed perfect.

Wow Zest ur lolly moulds looks good.

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to avoid-sugar

Thanks avoid-sugar

I thought you would appreciate them. I remember your great ice-lollies that you did. Beautiful.

You may also like...